Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Trek

Our camera decided that it only wants to take fuzzy photos now so until we get a new camera we will be photo less. (hopefully we will get a new one before Robin's wedding.)
Last week I went up to WY with the youth from our church (250 in all 14-18yrs old). We pulled handcarts and slept in tents as we learned more about the Mormon Pioneers. It was a wonderful experience. If you guys ever have the chance to do one, Do it!! I learned a lot, but the main thing I got form the trek was that those pioneers were tough. mentally, physically and spiritually.
While I was gone Darlene, Jana and my Mother in law (plus Michelle and Marian) helped watch the kids. Thank you thank you thank you.
Fathers day was Sunday. just want to send a late shout out to 2 great fathers. My dad - for always being there for me (Side note they are moving back to NY he is going to be the Palmyra temple president). And being a great encouragement to me in the things that I did/Do.
2ndly to Chris. Your a great dad to our kids. They love you and miss you when your gone. Thanks for all the wonderful things that you do for us each and every day! Love you lots.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Oh, I wish I could have gone on the trek. It sounds like it was such a great experience. All of our youth just came back and I love to hear all their stories.