Saturday, August 15, 2009

Our newest endevor



So yesterday the Will and Annmarie helped me hand grind 7 cups of wheat into flour. It only took 70 min. They kids loved it and were so helpful. We then made some wheat bread. Which tasted alright, not as bad as I initially thought for my first attempt.












Why did we grind wheat and start to make bread you may ask? here is your answer

this goes 2 deep










now where will put guests when we have them over to eat?




not all is wheat but most is.


Here is the finished product. Well half a loaf of 2. Being the genius that I am I forgot that I might need bread sacks, good thing we had big enough containers.

3 comments:

Kari said...

We have that exact same wheat grinder! I also found one that goes on the end of my kitchen aid. It works great and much much quicker! Love the pictures,

The Fifes said...

Go you! looks yummy!

Rach said...

70 minutes?? Your kids have a longer attention span than mine! I have a fantastic wheat bread recipe I got from a friend. Let me know if you want it.