So no photos of the house yet, its still not all put together. I'll post photos of the outside and our "view" later. We have been here almost 2 full weeks now. Chris is in school, and Will starts 1st grade tomorrow. We have his open house tonight. He is so ready to start school.
Jeffrey decided he wanted to see what Iowa's health care system was like so he tried out the urgent care last night. Chris said the Dr did not believe that he was only 3. I have been having a hard time lifting him lately so I agree with her on the one. But he broke his right radius. He has a soft cast on (ace bandage with a splint) and thinks its way cool. I guess this is how we will break his finger sucking habit.
So on to the differences
Vegas
HOT HOT HOT
Gym - crowded with unreal people
No eye contact made
rude drivers
small condo (it closed yesterday!!)
ward
Great friends
Des Moines
Playing outside daily
Gym - Very few people, very clean, and very real people
Cashiers telling you thier life story
Nice courteous drivers
nice sized house
Branch
no friends yet but someday soon I'm guessing
Over all this place has been great to us and so has Drake. I know I will miss Vegas weather in the winter but for now the playing outside and walks have been great! I plan on being a better blogger, I also plan on being a better house keeper too so we shall see.
9 comments:
Sorry to hear about Jeffrey's broken arm! Glad to hear you guys are settling in to Iowa. In the South not only do they tell you their life story, they invite you to come in and sit a spell and have something to drink, too.
I can't believe ths Scotts migrated out of Vegas--I think you're the last of the group that moved in when we were there. True, die-hard veterans...
Good luck in your new adventure! Sounds like the pros outweight the cons... :)
The difference between Las Vegas & Des Moines is no more 5 hour drives on a whim to come see you!!! On the other hand, I've been checking the flights...I could possibly find some discounts that way! Sorry to hear abt Jeffrey & good luck to Will as he is starting school!
Don't you love Midwest hospitality?! I have the friendliest neighbors. There's a reason no one has a backyard fence here. Glad you guys are getting settled in.
Des Moines sounds like a wonderful place! I LOVE hearing life stories...I actually have favorite cashiers at the little walmart, and do know their life stories...We sure do miss you, but I am glad to see so many positives on the Des Moines side!
well congrats on making the move! i love changes, although moving is stressful...it's exciting! good luck with settling in and making new friends. i somehow forget each time i move how important it is to take new friends for myself.
i mean make new friends :)
Hope Jeffrey is feeling better. Glad you are liking Des Moines! I love your new blog look!
Post a Comment