Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ten on tuesday

1. Chris's daddy child date night. We have been talking about this for a while. The kids need a little bit more individual attention and with Chris out of school for a little be we thought it we be smart to try. Will and Chris went to an Iowa Barnstormers (arena football) game Friday night. They had a great time. The other kids are excited for their date with daddy.

2. date night. I am so glad that I have friends here who are willing to switch watching kids so that we can go on dates. Life is so much better when I get a chance to see my hubby and talk with him without being interrupted by children.

3. Watching amazing soccer! loved that regular Fox showed the UEFA finals. it is so nice to see soccer that is played well. It was really weird that I recognized so many players because of the world up. Looks like I might have to go see the Iowa Menace play (our soccer team its like AAA)

4. Jed. . . he can now climb off the top bunk. We got rid of the ladders a long long time ago. This was to encourage our kids not not climb up and make it harder for them to climb down. Jed has actually taken longer than I thought he would to learn this. He is so proud of himself. Whenever I put him down for a nap (usually because he is so cranky) he gets down and comes out and says "mom I'm happy!" funny kid.

5. BBQ - Chris decided he was going to invite the Elders Quorum (men's church group) to our house for Memorial day. I was a little worried how this was going to work out. It turned into a family affair. We had a great time. It was so nice to sit around and chat with friends. The kids loved Croquet. They also played some soccer, with a few men. The women mostly sat around and . . . yes chatted. It was so nice. Thanks Chris for a great idea.

6. My good Friend Jana and her family stopped at our house last week as they drove out to their new home. Her husband just graduated from Med school and they moved to Rochester NY!!!! They made it to their new home 2 days later. Which in and of its self was a bunch of small miracles!

7. Field day - Will got 2 field days. The reason. They started the first one and then the rains came. so it was postponed until Monday. The sad part was we went on Monday but he could only stay for about 45 min. He had to have another tooth pulled (I think this is going to be reoccurring) and I didn't want him to miss field day on Friday so I made the appointment for Monday. . . guess that backfired a bit huh.
 I love how tight he had his arm on his back! he was not going to cheat :)

8. I found a nest on our front porch! it has 4 eggs in it. I'm so excited to have nature so close to us!



9. Chris finished his first week of his internship. He gets to wear a suit and tie every day. He looks awesome!! we are in need of a few new ties for him. . . looks like another goodwill run is coming. Unless any of you have ties you want to donate. his thoughts on his first week are . . . he had to were a suit everyday. gotta love that :)



10. my goal for the week - do laundry everyday and put it away daily. I think I have a little too much of a brother of mine in me. I usually fold the laundry then leave it in the laundry basket. This really is a big goal for me.

No comments: