So I can't get photos to upload. . . bummer
1. the first full week of reality (no outside help) was not as terrible as I thought. Chris has turned a blind eye to my terrible housekeeping skills and has stepped up to help me out. Thanks Chris you are amazing!
2. I still cannot get over the kindness that we have been shown by the wonderful people in our new ward. People keep giving us clothes, diapers, etc. Such a wonderful blessing
3. I started walking around the track at the Y. Henry is riding in the baby carrier and loves it. I am happy to be moving again, and I love it. 2 more weeks than I can actually go to my classes again!
4. While I was feeding Henry one day Jed decided he couldn't wait for me to get him food. He got out the bag of Marshmallow maties and dumped a bunch on the floor. He proceeded to eat only the marshmallow's. Love that kid.
5. Chris has started playing basketball one night a week with the men from our ward. I'm pretty sure he enjoys it. I'm happy he gets a chance to go out exercise and meet new people.
6. My new calling is the Gospel Doctrine teacher. (teaching the adults about the scriptures). yeah trying to figure out why I got this one. Hopefully I learn enough to teach those in the ward.
7. Chris took the kids upstairs for a game after Family Home Evening last night. They played steal the bacon. I loved hearing the cries of laughter and the cries on "that's not fair" coming down the stairs.
8. Saturday night we went swimming at the Y. well Chris and the older 4. I watched from the side with Henry. It is so nice to have a place for them to go. Plus the kids had a blast.
9. Henry has been great. he has moved to feeding every 4 hours during the day and occasionally gives me a 5 hour stretch at night. I'm so lucky. Thanks Henry for being such a great baby.
10. I have been trying to spend more time with the kids. A few nights this week I have been able to read them stories in their bedroom at night. Love it and it makes them going to bed so much easier.
2 comments:
Sounds like you are doing it RIGHT!!! Way to go!
Congrats on your new calling. You'll do great. So glad that Henry is doing so well, and glad that you survived the first week by yourself. :)
Post a Comment