OK so yes I have a new baby etc. But I think this has been the longest time in between posts. What have we been up to? well. . . blessing Jed, playing, pre-school, seeing family, no longer eating dairy, playing at the gym and riding bikes. I'm sure there has been more and I will explain some in a little more detail.
My mom came 2 weeks ago today and left on Monday. Yes I was spoiled for almost 2 weeks and these last few days have been an adjustment. Jeffrey is very sad his personal playmate is gone. I am sad because I have had to listen again for Jed at night and make all the food, clean, wash clothes, fold them. Yes I was very very spoiled. Chris and I even got a few outings alone while she was here!! not sure when that's going to happen again but we were so grateful for the chance to be alone even if for just a few min.
On Sunday 11/9 we blessed Jed. We were lucky to have all of Chris's family here. We also had My mom and bro-in-law Owen here. We were so grateful for all who made the effort to come. we really appreciate you being here for Jed on one of his many big days.
Jed . . . well lets just say that he is a little picky. Last week I took him to the drs because he was spitting up all the time and was having stomach issues. All of my kids have been spitters but Jed was way way beyond that. The Dr (who is the best Dr ever. . . OK close 2nd to Dr Broadbent) gave me a prescription for Acid Reflux meds for Jed. After 3 days of giving him the meds and no change, we said what could I be eating that is effecting him so much. I had already cut out chocolate and garlic. What else could there be. Only something that I eat multiple times a day!!!! Dairy!!!! So within 24 hours a stopping all dairy intake Jed's spit up decreased by a huge margin. I guess I got my answer. I was kind of excited because I said well at least I can eat chocolate again. Where has my brain gone. Almost all chocolate has milk in it. The as I was looking through the grocery store yesterday I found that everything has dairy. To drowned my sorrows I bough a family size bag of Cheetos. Then after I had a few I said I wonder if there is cheese in there. There's no way it is a processed food, there is nothing real in it. Wait!!! there is cheese. so I couldn't even drown my sorrows in it. Looks like saltines and sherbet will be my new best friends.
So I am now looking for meal's that do not include dairy. (The Dr said that around 4 - 6 months is when he should be able to handle it. . . 3 more months)
This is where Annmarie can almost always be found. She loves coloring and puzzles.
Jeffrey is showing off his beautiful black marker lipstick. Who's kid is this? he must be Chris's
Will has amazed me with his willingness to help. He is always wanting to hold Jed. Sometimes to much but hey he is willing to help.
8 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about the Dairy - does sherbert have dairy in it????? I know that Krispy Kreme Donuts don't!! Also, I think you might be okay with cherry pies!
Maybe it will only take him 1 month of no dairy to make it better!
I'm so sorry I missed the blessing! (Stupid migraine!) I'm sorry to hear about the dairy thing. I'm not sure what I would do. I will go drink a large glass of chocolate milk in your name. Hope that helps.
oh honey i'm so sorry! No dairy ahhh! Good luck on that one!!!
Sorry we couldn't make it to the blessing. I was sad we didn't get to see you guys. Sorry about the dairy.
What a great picture of Chris and Jed! I am so sorry about the Dairy thing! You can do it!!! (Will it help if I become your personal cheerleader?) Sorry!
I am so bummed that we missed the blessing. I am glad all went well and family was in town. I want to come by sometime and see you. Let me know when is good. =)
The blessing was beautiful. What a lucky baby to have such a great family. I am also feeling sorry for you about the dairy thing.
Hi Karen!!! I'm so glad you found my blog, and now I found yours. Sorry about the no dairy thing, that would be hard for me too!
Post a Comment