Friday, February 27, 2009

A crazy goal!!!

OK so today my sisters are running in a 202 mile relay race today (from Prescott to Mesa, AZ). As Chris and I were walking at the Gym the other day we decided hey we want to do something like this (this is where the crazy comes in). you have teams of 12 and each person runs 3 different legs. We have found one we want to do and are now looking for people to join us. The race is Oct 15 - 16th. it runs from San Antonio to Austin!!!! yes Texas. So if you want to come and join us we would love it. The website even has a training program that starts in June!!
funny story about this photo is it is in Mesa at riverview park from last Feb. no I did not take it but I was there at the park I think this is when we met up with Amy and Kurt's family.
Wish us luck that we find enough people, and that I can actually stand to run that far!!

6 comments:

Jana said...

Good Luck with your goal...sorry I can't join your team, but you don't want to come in last do you?

Anonymous said...

How fun! Eric is participating in a relay race sort of like that in April. He's done a few others as well and always had a good time. Good luck to you guys!

Amanda said...

Derek and I both love doing those relay races. Derek did two in Utah. I joined him for one of them. Then we both did one in D.C. I don't know if this is a Ragnar one but if it is they are great! We are hoping to run D.C. again. I wish we lived closer to Texas because then we would totally join you. You'll totally be able to do it as long as you are diligent about your training. Have fun! I am very jealous.

Michelle said...

Ill do it with you guys. I need to do something fun like this!!! -Michelle

AMY said...

That's so cool they did that relay. There were tons of people from my ward that did it. I even designed a logo for them. You guys are way more motivated than me!

Gregg said...

Not sure if your team is full, but you might be able to talk me into doing it with you, I could use an excuse to visit some friends down there and Ryan Rees is in Austin. I may even be able to talk someone from my old ward in San Antonio to join as well if needed. Not too mention I could use some motivation to run more and relays are a blast.