OK so this will not be a typical post, I try to stay away from politics but I just cannot ignore this. Please don't read if think you will be offended. I just have to vent and let it all out.
As most of you know Miss USA was on Sunday. Did I watch of course not, I think its a joke. But I must say yeah for Miss California Carrie Prejean, boo to Miss California organizers, Perez Hilton, and Miss USA Organizers. here is an article about what happened in case you don't know. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517228,00.html
I am sure that nothing will become of this other than people who want to win must tell people what they want to hear than what they actually believe in. . . wait this already happens with most politicians. I guess what I really a happy about is that Carrie that she had enough courage to stand up for what she believes in. IN the article above she knew when she answered the question she knew she lost. To me it is refreshing that there are others out there who are willing to stand up for their beliefs regardless of the outcome. May the others who have blasted her for giving her opinion get a taste of their own medicine, it probably wont happen but I can hope. Sorry for the ranting but I needed to write my thoughts and express my support for her.
on another note we are taking the kids somewhere special on Monday. its a surprise we are so excited!!!!!
5 comments:
I hadn't heard about that but I feel the same way. Good for her for sticking up for her beliefs! What an odd thing to do these days. :) Have fun on your trip to my favorite place!! :)
YES! I feel the same way. I was outraged when I found out she was getting criticized for what she said. Its pretty sad that we can't even stand up for what we believe in now a days without being looked down on. I am very proud of her comment and think it was great that she TRULY answered the question and didn't just spout off a "generic" answer! Good for her!!!
I had to find the video and watch it. I've been hearing about it, but I kept missing her answer. She did a great job! Good for her for standing up for what she believes in.
I didn't watch the pageant, but I have seen the clip from it many times. I love that she voiced her opinion instead of giving a "politically correct" make everyone happy answer. Isn't it funny that the same people who are calling for tolerance and open mindedness can't give someone with an opposing view the same consideration? I hope she inspires others to stand up for what they believe in and what is right.
YAY for Cali! I heard about it on the news too. So happy!
Post a Comment