I've realized that most of these "moments" that I'm trying to remember happen after some bad choices made by someone in our house. I guess it's just Heavenly Father's way of showing me that things are really ok.
Last night Will and Annmarie were cleaning the boys room, Annmarie had finished cleaning her room, and She said to him your a bad cleaner upper. Will came out upset. I told him if he wasn't cleaning then at that moment he might be a bad cleaner. We he proceeded to return to his room and tell her she was a bad cleaner and I'm sure there was s hug of some sort that used fists or straight arms. Needless to say now Annmarie was crying and she had her feelings hurt. I told her she did not need to help the boys anymore, but to remember how she felt when someone called her a not nice thing and to remind herself of this when she wanted to call someone something not nice.
Will had some other issues so I told him to get his pajamas on and get to bed. Once again crying in sued. I called Annmarie into me and said It is your choice if Will gets off his bed, because he was unkind to you, you get to choose his consequence. I told her to think about what Jesus would do. A little bit later they came in holding hands. Will told her she was sorry. I said give her a hug and a kiss. When he kissed her on the cheek, she wiped it off. Then because in our house when you wipe off a kiss you get a ton more, Will kept kissing her cheek, and her laughter erupted, as well as screams of delight and Will's laughter as well
I Love that my kids so easily forgive each other and hope this trait continues throughout their lives. I also love to see how good of friends my kids are to each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment