1. 1 test left. Chris has 1 more test on Thursday than he has completed his first year of law school. So proud of him and all the hard hard work he has put into school this year.
2. Spring – I have always said that Fall is my favorite time of the year. This Spring I might have changed my mind. The blooming of flowers, trees etc had made me realize how beautiful this season is. Maybe I’m much more appreciative because of the long cold winter. But something has made me more thankful for the beauty that Spring is.
3. Rochester. . . no not NY but MN. I took the youngest 3 kids with me to visit some friends from when I lived in AZ. Julie and Cylynn. It was so much fun to see old friends. I loved that there was no awkward moments and that to me they haven’t changed. I think that’s why I have the friends I have, is because we will always be the same. We are hoping to head back up to MN sometime soon, this time with the whole family.
4. Ear infections. We have been very lucky to have very few of these in our house over the past 6 plus years. Well Sunday night Jeffrey woke up at 11pm and was not doing well. I put him back to bed (I was so tired that I didn’t really notice how hurting he was another mother of the year moment). He was back in at 11:30 I went and tried to lay by him in bed. He was tossing and turning and kept telling me his jaw hurt. By 12:30 I decided to give him pain meds, and he fell asleep on my in my recliner. Then by 3:15 he was back awake and in more pain. Needless to say when we went to the Doctors Monday morning she did not need long to tell me what was wrong. She said his ear drum is at the point of bursting. AS of Tuesday morning it has not yet burst and he is on antibiotics. Annmarie got to look in his ear too. The Doctor was so kind. Love doctor like that. Thankful for modern medicine and kind doctors.
5. AC – so I figured that we could go without AC until at least June hoping July. But yesterday it was about 85 in our house with really high humidity. I broke down and turned it on at night. It is supposed to be in the 90’s today with high humidity again. So it will probably be on again tonight but then if is going off. I was really looking forward to spending less on my electric bill these few months.
6. Bosch – so I’ve got this new (to me) whole wheat bread receipe (it has grape juice in it) and love it so much but it either has to be made by hand on in a bosch. Well I’ve been searching craigslist, ebay etc and found 2 but didn’t get either. Then I remembered that I had a sibling that I gave my mom’s old one too and decided hey why don’t I call and see if they are using it. Well they were not. And they are sending it to me! So excited instead of spending a few hundred on a new/used one I get one for free. Thanks Jill and Rob for being so kind to send it to me.
7. Since Chris was going to get me a bosch for mother’s day but no longer needed to he decided to get me a new MP3 player for mother’s day. I have gone to the dark side. I got an IPod. It has been wonderful I just have to figure out how to get all my music off my home computer and onto the laptop then out of media player then on to my Ipod. Oh yeah I got angry birds on it. . . so addicting. Anyone know any good Aps for the kids? Or for me?
8. Mother’s day was wonderful. I stayed in bed, had breakfast in bed. Got to drive myself to Church (alone) wore a dress that I’ve only worn to a wedding. And got to spend the afternoon with my hubby and kids. I thankful for a wonderful husband who treats me right. Plus I got a box of Chocolate covered strawberries. They were massive and tasted so wonderful!
the box from the strawberries
the Instructions - Close and lock door. hide behind Large piece of furniture. Quietly open box. Savor and Enjoy! This box was so funny.
9. Annmarie’s quilt . . . well I got 5 of the 9 rows sewn together. If life turns back to normal hopefully I will have it finished by next Tuesday. If I get it done sooner I will post photos.
10. My goal for the coming week – is to go to the gym or exercise 6 times before I post again. This is my goal because since my half I have not made it all that frequently to the gym. With kids that have been sick it makes it easy to not exercise. But I really need to try out my new running shoes. Plus when I don’t exercise I’m much more lazy.
1 comment:
I would love a copy of that bread recipe. I am searching for a good bread recipe. I don't have a bosch, but my mixer just broke, so maybe I will get one. :)
Post a Comment