Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ten on Tuesday. . . really late

1. tonight was Will's first soccer practice. He loved it. The middle 2 were so sad they had to wait until Thursday for there practice.

2. today I was telling the kids about how I will be going to work a Ragnar relay this weekend. Will said "when can I run one?" I wonder if this is a good thing we have started.

3. Monday we decided that we needed to headed to the temple. Since Nauvoo was open and there was lots for the kids to do there we went. The kids and I went on horse and oxen rides. Chris had a wonderful time in the temple.

4. Sunday we had a new couple move into the branch and guess what, they are 1st years at drake!!!! so excited. We bbqed with them another 1L and a 2L family. It was so nice to hang out with others in our same situation.

5. Saturday night we went to a Birthday party. While there the Dog decided to lose it and bit his owner hard! So thankful for Chris for remembering his training on how to deal with dangerous animals. He quickly subdued the dog. Needless to say the kids are not huge fans of dogs after this experience.

6. Thursday we headed to the famous Iowa State Fair. we had a great time. On Facebook there is video of Will and Chris  riding the sling shot ride or as we call it the puke n ator. Will loved it. even though it doesn't seem like it in the video. . .he has said he wants to go again!

7.  The weather here has been wonderful!!!! it has been low 80's with low humidity. I love it here.

8. Chris bought his books for school this week. . . .I can't believe that summer is over and that he is 1/3 of the way through school!!!

9. Chris went to my classes with me at the YMCA this past week. I'm not sure if he loves me anymore. It is such a difference from running 7 miles to running while doing other physical exercises. He did awesome. 

10. So glad I have 1 faithful reader who reminds me that I am late in posting. Thanks Kris!














3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always love reading about your life!!!

Jealous that you got to go to Nauvoo.

Jana said...

You have more than one faithful reader...this one just doesn't always check on time. :)

Julie Rowse said...

You're working that Ragnar up here? You might get to work with some of the YW in my ward.