There will probably not be 10 this week but it will be more thoughts that have occurred to me in the last few passing hours
As I sit here in the hospital with Jeffrey I'm thankful to have something to do to relieve the waiting. . . last week Jeffrey willingly took a nap. That never happens. He woke up and had a low grade fever. For the next 4 to 5 days he was mostly normal but often complained of his mouth hurting. I assumed it was allergies like what most of us in the house were experiencing. After a trying Sunday with him. Chris decided to look in his mouth. WOW his poor left tonsil was massive and bright red. Of course by the time this was noticed the Dr's were all closed. So Monday morning I called our pediatricians office and got him right in. Initially the diagnosis was strep. . . then after closer look the Dr wanted a CT to make sure nothing else was in there. Well she was right there was an abscess in his tonsil. So we are no admitted into the hospital and waiting until the morning to see if Modern medicine can do the trick. If not it looks like some type of surgery will be preformed. He has been such an awesome patient. He didn't flinch or even tear up when he got his IV put in. He has had Dr's and residents, and student Dr's looking repeatedly at his mouth. (Apparently this is not an every day occurrence with little kids). So glad he sees the positive of. I get my own huge room tonight with a TV, a bed that moves (7 hours later he still loves it). he got to paint 4 wooden objects (thank you wonderful child life staff) play angry birds on an ipad and watch movies on daddy's computer.. At this moment he is painting on paper towels. He thinks life is great!
the nurses and Dr's here have been great. This hospital also has a child life service. it is to give the kids things to do to make the tests go a little easier pass the time. They are wonderful. I am so thankful for these people and the time that they give to make my child's stay much more comfortable. When Jed was scoped here in the winter they were awesome as well and when Jed got stitches. Love them and love that someone decided that this would be a great service to have.
Family. Saturday we got to spend the afternoon and late evening with Kris and Owen Allen and there family. We had such a great time eating at "famous" Jethro's, swimming in the biggest and warmest hotel pool ever. Thanks so much guys for taking the extra time to visit us. we loved it. I didn't realize that it has been about 2 years since I had seen Kris let alone her kids. I know I say I am happy to live away from family but It makes me really enjoy the time I get to spend with them. When they make the effort (time and money) to come visit us it really makes a huge difference. So any family that has come you will never really know how much we loved it and wished you didn't have to leave. thanks!
Often when you move you struggle to find the same friends that you had before. . . I have realized that you never will. That I will only know 1 Jana or 1 Meredith. I think I've finally learned that it is OK. You make great and wonderful friends that if you both want it you will always be friends. But you will always make new friends. You should never compare the 2 friends because like I said before they will never compare. But it is a wonderful feeling to know when you realize that you have truly made new friends. Like a friend who comes and cries with you and says I'm praying for you. These are the people that you know are truly your friends> You don't make those friends over night, but when the friendship is finally to that point you realize that even though you are in a new place that you truly have friends. Thanks to the friends I have had. Past and present. you have made a huge difference in my life in more ways than you think. Thank you for putting up with me and my ways.
Best friend/husband - what would I do without Chris in my life. I have no idea. He is such a great man, father, husband and friend I would truly be lost without him. Again when you move away from family and friends you quickly realize what you marriage is made of. Over the last year of our life (Chris "retiring" from police work, selling the condo, moving, starting law school, new school for Will, new Branch for the family, new callings, arm breaks, sicknesses, law school, kids and pregnancy) I think we have grown so much closer as a couple. It has been a wonderful thing to see and feel our relationship grow in ways I would have never thought possible. I'm so glad Chris chose me 10 years ago. I'm so glad he loves me and I love the way he loves our kids. Thanks for being my friend Chris, even when I don't think I deserve it.
sorry about the ramblings and the reflections but as this blog really is my journal/family history I really wanted to include these thoughts
1 comment:
Karen I love reading about your family! You are so great!
Love you guys!! annalee
Post a Comment