1. We just got back from spending 2 plus hours playing at a park with a 50 foot circular 2 feet deep wading pool. My kids love this place. Another huge bonus. the kids got a free lunch. nothing better than getting kids exercised, tired out and fed with little effort by me. Love days like this
2. Cousins, cousins once removed, and 2nd cousins. Maryle and her family, and mike (my cousins) came and spent the night here Saturday. They were on there way to a family reunion and we were a good stopping point.It was so nice to see them. Met her husband and kids. So nice to see family. they are our closest being about 8 hours away and no Nebraska travel included to see them. Makes it all that much better.
3. I sold my kitchen aid this week. so excited. Now the dilemma is what to do with the money. School supplies for the kids, school clothes. . . food for me ;)
4. Jeffrey went to kid fit the past few days (free exercise thing for kids 5 - 11 at our Y). He was it (in a white t-shirt) for line tag. Watching him focus so hard on the line was awesome! The teacher loves him and says he can keep coming back. Love when I hear that!
5, I discovered a new place to eat. I think I'm the last one in America. Jimmy John's. Oh they taste so good. I've really decided that Subs are all about the bread. Great bread equals great subs. SO glad to have found something close to good ole Weggies
6. Sunday night we started a new tradition. Family game night. no not on the Wii but with board games. Friends on facebook gave a ton of great suggestions. Friends gave us 6 plus games for free. What did we play. . . Why the game of "life." Having never really played this I was learning as well. Only the older 2 played. They have been asking to play multiple times a day now. Thankfully someone gave us "guess who" and they love that one and can play without supervision.
7.I was supposed to speak 2 Sundays ago, but due to time I didn't have to speak. I thought I got out of it. I guess not. Sunday morning I got a call asking me to speak for a sister who was sick. Good thing I had written out my talk because then I was still all prepared.
8.We showed the kids angry birds on the computer (free 3 level game) and they love it! my favorite line to come out of that this past week is from Jeffrey - "I told you I'm awesome." This was after killing 2 pigs with 1 bird. So glad his self-esteem is not too low ;)
9. Tonight I get to go with Chris to a reception for the inters that have worked at the same place as him this summer. This is my first "event" in the real adult world hopefully I don't thoroughly embarrass him tonight. He might never ask again.
10. I get to see my sister Kris and her family minus 1 who is on a mission on Saturday. I'm so excited!!! We get to show them all the cool things to do in Des Moines. . . this could be a short tour ;) I can't wait to see family
No comments:
Post a Comment