Thursday, July 7, 2011

10 for 10 wonderful years

About this time 10 years ago I was sealed for time and all eternity to the love of my life in the Mesa Arizona Temple. What a wonderful 10 years it has been. Here are 10 random thoughts about Chris.

1.  I have to start with our wedding day. I guess I was late for our 7am photos, come on I had to be photo ready at 7am. I was there by 7:15 at the latest. I remember our lunch in, it was at Chris's ward building and it was taco salad. I still love Taco Salad. Our sealing (marriage) was at 4pm (or 4:30). The 2 things I truly remember was Chris and being so excited and the 2nd was my siblings and their spouses. They were all across from me in the room. Smiling and looking so happy for me. A moment I will never forget ever in my life. That evening was crazy. I remember being very picky about what I wanted at the reception. Why because I got to eat about 2 things.

2. Ragnar Relay's - This is a recent thing for Chris and I but my most favorite one I have done was my first one. It was him and I with 4 total strangers.  None of the rest have compared, It has created a passion in us to run. Not just to collect the cool medals but to be healthy. I have only been in a van with Chris 2 times in the 3 we have run together and I refuse to be separate from him again. We look forward to doing many more Ragnar's (just not for 2 or so years dang law school)


3. Our Children - Chris is one of the Best Dad's I've ever seen. The love he has for each of our children the moment they enter our lives is amazing. He is the most sensitive dad when our kids are in the hospital. He has changed all of their diapers in the hospital. I think I maybe have changed 1 or 2. but that was only because He was at home with the other kids. He worries about our kids and only wants the best for them. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful father for my kids. He has spent every night in the hospital with me. I am so lucky.


4. Date nights - we have been so lucky in our marriage to have these. It was much easier at the beginning when we didn't have kids. Then our dates would end up in arguments over what names we were going to name our kids (this was before we were ever pregnant). As we have had kids and our lives have gotten busier He has realized how important this is to our relationship. We do so much better as a couple when we have even a hour outside the house without our kids. I love how strong our marriage has gotten in the lst year because we have to be a little more creative on our dates (less cash = more creativity). I look forward to date nights so much.

5. Moving - we have moved 5 times to 4 states in our marriage. With each move we knew it was the right decision to make and have been so blessed with each move. We have loved the area's we have moved to and loved the people as well.

6. Iowa - Most of you know how we came to be here but it was mostly because of Chris's willingness to heed the council of the spirit. Ever since Texas Chris kept saying I need to go back to school. I need to go back to school. I brushed it off hoping a good job with good pay would make him forget that. He never did. And I am so glad he never forgot about it. Moving here, getting accepted here, was a miracle. Neither one of us can ever deny the fact that we are supposed to be here in this house, at this school, and in this Branch. I am so grateful that Chris listened to the spirit and still does as he leads and guides this family.

7. Laughter - Chris brings this into our home. The kids never laugh and scream so much as they do when they are playing with dad. He always knows how to make me laugh especially when I need it.


8.  If work were supposed to be fun it wouldn't be called work - This has always been Chris's attitude. I think this might be changing a bit with what is is learning now, and that he likes it helps too. Chris has always been a hard worker. It amazes me what he will do to make sure things get done. He believes that the whole family should help with work as well. The kids respond so much better to him then they ever do to me when they are asked to help clean up. I'm hoping his next career path will be more fun than work for him.

9. The Spirit - Chris has always had an amazing ability to feel the spirit. He is such a great example to me in this way to help me feel it better.  He wants his kids to understand it as well and works hard to teach them the things that will help them.

10. He treats me like how my Dad treats my Mom. I remember we would never get yelled at (unless it was sports related) by my Dad unless we disrespected our Mom. Chris is the same way. I never see him more upset with our kids when they hurt me, or speak unkindly to me. Chris is wonderful to me and treats me like I'm the most important person in the world. I could not have picked better for myself.



Thanks Chris I love you raised to infinity plus infinity

1 comment:

Jana said...

awwww... Good hubbies are awesome!