Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Ragnar - Thursday and Friday I escaped up to Winona, MN to go be SWAT (sweaty wet and tired) for the Ragnar relay series. I had a great time. I worked hard, seriously I had to set up and take down the start line and everything else there. I realized that this is a great thing to do 3 times a year. Why 3 times? well if you do 3 then you get a free team entry. So 3 worth it. I discovered that I would not live to ever work full time for them. They are a great company but the hours are crazy and there is lots and lots of travel. Needless to say I am a family person (shocker) I know and I love to be with my family. I have been told I am welcome back anytime. . . just not until after the baby is born. So needless to say no Vegas this year but I will totally be there next year!

2. Oh yeah we found out we are having a healthy Baby BOY! Annmarie was so sad. Luckily she had Daddy to hang out with that day and he has been there done that so He cheered her up.

3. Friday while I was driving home from MN Chris took the kids out to a camp site that the Elders Quorum (men's group at our church) was having a camp out that night. They played baseball, got dirty, ate smores, burned marshmallows, got dirty, and had a blast! Chris was so awesome for taking them.

4. Annmarie and Jeffrey started there soccer practice this past week. They were so funny to watch. I learned more about the league we have them in. There are only a few rules. Goal kicks, corner kicks and throw ins. No goalies (which both of my boys are having a hard time with). Basically they want them to play and have fun. They aren't even to worried about passing. Awesome huh. I think so. Everyone has there first games on Saturday. we shall see how they like it then.

5. Sunday Chris got called as the Young Men's president in our branch. He is a little overwhelmed but I think he will do great! ( plus I'm way biased)

6.Today we finally broke down and got Internet in the house. We have been using Drakes because we live so close, but since school started it has been spotty (like almost non existent) it is really nice to have speedy Internet again, but I'm sad about the cost because nothing is better than Free.

7. Yesterday Chris started year 2 of law school. He was so happy to go back to school. He didn't realize how much he actually has missed it. We are hoping he does just as well as last year and are excited to be this much closer to being done ;)

8. Saturday on the way home from Soccer Annmarie bit into a sucker and got a bloody front tooth. . . I figured well no sense calling the dentist its a baby tooth whats the worst that could happen it could fall out? well Sunday night in her sleep it did. We couldn't find it ( we think she swallowed it) but she left the tooth fairy a note and still got her money. She was one happy camper.

9. Wednesday night Chris and another law student Brody went to Kansas City to see the Yankees play. they had a great time and I can see Chris making this trip again in the future. . . just not this year.

10. Last week we had BBQ with another 2L family and have started planning the LDS Law student potluck for next Saturday. I must say I'm much moire excited about it this year, since I know everyone ;) plus I picked the menu Hawaiian Haystacks!!











4 comments:

Kari said...

I am glad that I was not the only one without pictures today! I would totally agree with the Ragnar job. It would be hard to do it if you had a family! Glad to hear that you had a GREAT time. The starting line - wow that is way impressive!

Julie Rowse said...

Congrats on the boy! I'm glad you had fun in Winona. Maybe next year I'll have to join you.

Kindy said...

You can never go wrong with Hawaian Haystacks!

Jana said...

So happy for you!