Wednesday, December 14, 2011

ten on tuesday. . . on wed


Guest Blogger Chris Scott aka Karen's husband or the kids dad.

1 / 2.  Halfway done with Law School (I hope I don’t know if I actually passed).  It has been a long journey so I though I would give you the top ten in reverse order, David Letterman style.

10. While going to a trial practicum last February it was ten below zero with a wind chill of twenty below zero.  Welcome to the upper Midwest.

9. In my first contracts final exam the professor had us analyze Drake’s contract with the advertising company about how to legally escape the phrase, “D plus” education, based on a written contract that existed. 

8. My son, Will during morning prayers on Wednesday morning before my last final and this is a direct quote, “Please help my dad do really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really well on his test today.

7. My Criminal Procedure Instructor asking me to explain to the class how Field Sobriety tests worked.  More importantly he asked me how to successfully breakup a loud late night party. 

6. My Civil Procedure and Evidence Professor, Laurie Dore, I have stood nose to nose with drill instructors, villains, had a gun pointed at me, but I was never more intimidated then by Professor Dore when called on in class.  Some people go home and cry after she has grilled them in class.

5. My Secured Transaction’s professor, Matt Dore (Laurie’s Husband), asking me how to enforce a breach of the peace as a police officer during a repossession attempt.  (Guess your going to have to look up UCC Art 9 to figure that out).  This was by far my most favorite class. 

4. My four children who encourage me and always want me to play with them.  When I leave the library at night I have to leave law school behind and change into daddy mode.  By far the best reward for school is seeing their smiling faces each night.

3. Professor Rosenbloom in property when he asked me to explain a theory by Professor Anderson.  Of course I gave my best attempt.  He asked if that was really correct.  I of course stated that why, “maybe or may be not.” He proceeded to embarrass me with the best verbal thump of all time, “That’s not even close.” 

2.  Only one more half of law school to go.

1. My wife who supported me on the odyssey away from home in Las Vegas with a good paying job to the middle of nowhere (later determined to be Iowa) for law school after I dare to suggest the Lord wants us to go to law school.  Surprisingly she agreed and here we are 18 months later.   

No comments: