Tuesday, August 28, 2012

ten on tuesday

1. Chris started school. I think he is happy to be back. I am a bit sad because I get to see him less  often. but hey he is happy because he is productive again.

2. Saturday was the first day of soccer games. (our camera is broken thanks to me. so no photos. hopefully it is still under warranty). Jed was so adorable!  He is playing U6 with Jeffrey. I love to see him run around with kids much much bigger than him. He does great. The other kids were awesome as well. Jeffrey tries to box out other players as he is dribbling towards the goal. Will and Annmarie have a bit too much Sherwood soccer in them and tend to hang back unless encouraged by Chris or I to move up!

3. Saturday was a beautiful rainy day. We have had such little rain here it was so awesome. Coaching in it was fun, it reminded me of growing up. The rain lasted most of the day (I think see next one as to why not sure). It is so nice to see some green things popping up all over again.

4. I went to the temple alone on Saturday. I dislike going alone, it is a 2 hour trip one way. The trip there was hard because there was so serious down-poor plus semi splashing that made it very hard to see. but I arrived there. The session was wonderful. Coming home I was worried about not falling asleep. But I got to talk with my mom, which is always great. Then I got texted and decided that I should call my long lost friend from Vegas. We chatted for about 25 min. That was wonderful! Then I decided to call another long lost friend in NY! we chatted for another 30 or so min. It was so nice to hear the voices of friends and feel like no time ha passed. I love them! Plus it made the drive go sooo fast.

5. Sunday I taught about the 2000 stripling warriors. I am again blow away by how amazing they and their parents were. 2 comments really stuch out to me. 1. When talking about how they followed Heleman with exactness, and how we should follow our prophet with exactness. A man commented that President Monson is not able to be in our area all the time. But we have President Pense and Bishop Kohler who are and he would follow them with exactness and know he would be ok. I love our local leaders and also the local members who show such great faith. 2. The scriputure where it says they didn't doubt it because their mothers had taught them. Another man commented that maybe they only said their mothers because their fathers gave their lives earlier when the lay down and many lost their lives. This had never struck me. It made me think how one of our recent prophets has said that singles mothers are blessed. I love this gospel.

6. Since Ragnar ended I have no excuse to "take in easy" in my classes now. It is a double edge sword. I am so happy to be so stinky and sweaty when I'm done, but I can tell I have not worked out that way in a while. I also started lifting again. Ugh. I am one sore cookie.

7. I have loved spending some 1 on 1 time with Jed. We usually have a bit in the afternoon while Henry is sleeping. Jed is so fun and has such a love for learning. I really hope he enjoys pre-school that starts in 1 week. (what will I do 4 afternoons a week with 1 child?)

8. Henry is one crazy kid. He has another tooth (4 but there appear to be 2 or so more on the way). He is pulling up on everything. Empty laundry baskets, chairs, people, anything that is not moving at the moment. He is getting better at eating cheerios by himself. He is starting to move very very slowly along the couch. He is too little to be doing all these things! oh and he "turned" 7 months on Saturday.

9. Jeffrey seems to have finally adjusted to school. We went through a bunch on tantrums (mostly because he is just so tired) that have not really shown themselves yet this week. Tomorrow is very possible since they were up late with soccer tonight. But we have had 2 almost totally free days!!! so happy for these small moments

10. I will start teaching a new class at a different Y (the one closest to my house) after labor day. It will be a Bosu class. i am excited about this. I love learning new things to teach and different ways to get a great workout in. Hopefully I will find new things here.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I bet Jed is just thrilled! :) I remember being so jealous of my little sister that got to stay home with Mom.
Good luck with Chris back in school! It's no fun missing out on time with hubbies.