Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

 1. Does it ever slow down?!?!?! It seems that life just gets busier. Jeffrey and Jed had their last soccer game this Saturday  It was fun to see how much they have improved. We had our last soccer practice for the U8 team. We played parents vs kids. It was so much fun and I got a good workout too.

2. I have neglected to mention how much Henry is moving the last few weeks. He goes up the stairs so fast! luckily he has not moved down the stairs very fast. He is walking along furniture  and just moving moving moving along. Soon he will be walking on his own and my infant days will be over. I love watching him grow. He is the happiest kid I have ever met! I am so lucky to be his mom.



3. In the mail we just got my new favorite workout equipment. I have been taking a TRX class and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! This way I can put Chris to work :) plus the kids love doing it too. 


4. Chris came with me to the gym today. We did HEAT class together and then he let me make him work his legs a little more after. I love making him work :) I also love seeing him work hard to reach his goals.

5. We had a big Birthday party on Friday night. We had 1 party for Will, Jed, and Annmarie. It was fun and so much easier than having 3 parties. we told the kids they could each invite 4 friends. It worked out nice that they have siblings that are friends so we basically invited families. We had a great time, and a great cookie cake. Love the great American Cookie company. No other cake compares!!

6. This past week I reached my realistic goal weight. It took 8 1/2 months from when Henry was born. I have always been worried about my number being so high. but I've realized that I'm at a healthy weight for me. I am happy to say that my goal weight was 170. I have only been less than this in high school. So needless to say I am 5 lbs away from my high school weight. I wish that somehow I could help people understand that the number is not the most important thing. The way you feel is so much more important!

7. I went to the Gladys Knight concert here in town. She brought her Choir her. I was in the audience with a friend I invited. The I started to recognized a few faces from my stake from Vegas. Then as I look up and see the Choir I noticed a really familiar face. Then I looked across and saw a former bishop! My friend and her husband were there in town! I was able to talk to her after. I so needed a friend that day from that part of my life. Heavenly Father truly knew what I needed that day and a hug from her was what I totally needed.

8. Chris had a "break" from school. He is working so hard studying this semester. He took a break today and went to the gym. I am so proud of him and all his hard work. He does such a great job of balancing school, family, and church. I love him and cannot imagine life without him. 

9. our van got new tires, and an alignment. It is amazing how these 2 things makes a huge difference. It is almost like driving a brand new car!

10. random fact of the week from Chris. . . Chris graduate Cume Lade from ASU. 

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Karen, I love this! It is such a great idea to do 10 things each week. It seems manageable. I sometimes feel bogged down with blogging. This is awesome. I love getting a peak into your life at home. So happy for you reaching your weight goal. You look amazing.

lori said...

I just want to say if I had a way with words I would say what Tammy just said:)