Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

We headed to Chicago for 2 days last week. Oh my where to begin.

 1. Chris had an interview with Northwestern for their LLM in Taxation program. So we all went up. While Chris was in the interview I drove around Downtown Chicago. . . (have I ever mentioned that I really don't like big cities and all the traffic, and expenses to park etc. ugh!)

I saw this Chicago sign at a red light. Its famous right?

Oh how I would have loved to have gone in this store. . . although the $20 for parking would have made anything I bought not worth it. 

2. The kids played in the hotel pool for hours. they had a blast. While talking with the kids about what we are doing when Chris Graduates in May Jed says I want to go to Chicago and see the Oregon ducks. It took us a bit to realize that he was talking about the BCS game we watched while in the hotel.

3. Chris got to go to the temple in Chicago. Oh how the outside reminded me of Dallas. Chris said the inside was pretty much the same.

4. While Chris was in the temple The kids and I played in the car. Henry obviously loved it :)




5. While in Chicago I got sick (no fun but I lost weight so that should be a plus right) and on the way home we knew Henry was getting sick (he slept way to much. The kids were really great in the car. So lucky for that blessing!

6. Here is the Mississippi River. The kids and I were so excited to get back into Iowa. I tried to get a photo of the welcome to Iowa sign, but I messed up.

7. Saturday we took Henry to the Dr and found out he had a horrible sinus infection along with Pink Eye. So thankful for awesome Drs!!!

8. Sunday we were fasting as a family to know what to do after Chris graduates. Will has been fasting since he was 8 but Annmarie and Jeffrey decided to join in as well. It made my heart so full to know that they were willing to join us. as of today the plan is to do 1 more year of law school (a LLM in taxation). This program is not offered here, and it seems only in really really big cities that are way expensive (chicago, NYC, DC, Boston, Miami, LA) who knows where we will end up.

9. Chris and I have started lifting weights together (since he is on break). I must say I really enjoy "training." It has made me think about going and getting my personal training cert.

10. Random fact - I love the song Home by Phillip Phillips. I was explaining to someone why I liked it and here it goes. He has promised the person he is with that regardless of where they are he will do all he can to make that place Home for them. (this is my take and my be way off). But while doing this it made me cry. Why because I would love to be right here a year from now, the reality of that happening means I will be spending a year without Chris (school) or He gets a job here. It made me cry because it made me think of Chris, he wants me to be happy where ever I go. Love that I am so lucky to be his best friend and wife for eternity.

1 comment:

Julie Rowse said...

I LOVE downtown Chicago. They always have free days at the museums, etc. If Chris gets in there you totally need to go with him. It would be a fun year and it wouldn't be permanent! I enjoyed my temp stay there. The Brookfield Zoo rocks, just so you know. So does Giordano's pizza. And the Ghirardelli shop. Okay, I'm done.