Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1. school started Today!!! oh what a wonderful day it is.

Jeffrey 1st Grade Mrs R


Annmarie 2nd Grade Mrs L


Jed, no grade just home with me


Will 4th grade Mrs R



2. Chris started as well. He leaves in the AM at 6/6:30 and got home early last night at 9:30. It might be a long year.

3. Saturday is our work on "the farm" day. Chris mow's and the kids rake. I clean the inside. we also trimmed trees/ bushes.

Henry loves to play in the mowed grass

Jed. . . well he is Jed and likes to put swords, light sabers, and broom sticks in his pants

4. We also made a tree swing. The kids love it. I find it pretty cool as well.


5. Being in a new ward is always interesting. The kids have made friends. It always amazes me how quickly kids make friends.

6. The boys have been sleeping with their mattresses on food storage boxes. Thanks to Chris selling his books back to Amazon we were able to get the boys 2 bunk beds for their room for basically free. They should come tomorrow

7. We spent Friday visiting the Mall. The kids had a good time. they really seemed to enjoy it. Hopefully we keep our goal of going to sights once a month in tact.


Showing the kids my favorite place on the Mall


I found my dream job.


Proof my kids can be kind! This was on the way home after our day seeing sights




8. Tonight we got a package in the mail from Michelle. She had gotten the kids some new(to them) school clothes. Sometimes the thoughtfulness of others just seems to overwhelm me.

9. Chris has discovered that not drinking Pop has benefits. He told me he has lost 10 lbs since he stopped drinking pop. Which has been almost a month (driving across the country was the only exception)

10. We have most of our boxes unpacked. My goal is to unpack a box a day (since we have the essentials done) hopefully by next week I will be all done.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

All of your kids are cute but Annemarie is gorgeous! I hope you guys enjoy this adventure! It looks like its going to be fun!

Jill said...

Ok, the sticks in Jed's pants cracked me up, because obviously he and Caleb are related. I wish we lived closer, I bet those 2 would be good buddies. Hope you guys are settling in okay. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Kids look like they are having fun...so envious of your yard!! And tell Chris way to go...sugar is the worst for keeping on extra weight! Hope you are getting more running in! I more than happy to share my playlist...:-)