This past week here as has been wonderful, busy and crazy!
Jed swinging on a beautiful fall afternoon.
Annmarie decided to grow up over night. Why do they do that?
We found another park. Jed loves this one because of this "donuts" swing. It never stops. I will not get on it for fear of tossing my cookies.
Thursday I was mowing the lawn. I asked Annmarie to make the rice for dinner. I said 3 cups rice 6 cups water for 17 min. well 12 min later she runs out freaking out and I go into the kitchen stop the microwave, open it and see this. She forgot to add the water and ruined my rice cooker/veggie steamer. The smell is still around. There was smoke 5 feet and above in the kitchen and dining room. It smelled sooooo bad!
what the inside looked like
Friday we hopped in the car and picked up the kids from school. I had emailed their teachers in advance so they knew we were coming. The kids did not. I got there right before they were going to do a fire drill. Jeffrey and Will came down right away. Annmarie was in PE and her teacher did not know we were leaving. The principal asked how we were settling in etc. I told him we were leaving just them to dirve to Iowa because Chris was getting sworn in, and it was a surprise for the kids. Since Annmarie was not prepared to leave I just took the 2 boys to the car to wait. 2 min later Annmarie came running out. The principal delayed the fire drill to let us leave! I love this place.
Henry entertaining him self "texting" with an old phone.
We got to the Allion's at 4:45am. They kids woke up and were soooo excited, did I mention we didn't ever tell them where we were going? This was the following night. They were out!
My white shirt and tie boys with their kacki pants :)
The reason we went to Iowa. Chris getting sworn in as an attorney in the State of Iowa. I'm so proud of him.
I love his smile here. He worked so hard!
Will was not so entertained with the first half of the "program"
neither was Jeffrey
This is how we say thanks to our friends :)
Henry passed out with in 5 min of being in the car Monday to drive home.
Surprisingly we didn't watch too many movies on the way home. I guess driving all night helps
We got back to VA at 5:45 am. Chris went straight to school. The 4 kids to their beds and slept. I got in bed and tried to encourage Henry to sleep. He didn't want to. He found a bag of Cheese-its. When I woke up at 8 I saw him like this, hand in the bag of food and all. We are all still trying to recover.
We are so blessed to have been able to go back with Chris. I love him and am so thankful for all his hard work the past 12 plus years of our marriage (although he has worked extra hard the last 3 yrs).
1 comment:
Bravo Chris! We are all so proud of you! Tell Annmarie not to worry, I've made some pretty crazy cooking mistakes, too. Glad nothing caught on fire!
Post a Comment