Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday

It seems that a lot of the post have come on snow days! Today was the 10th on for the kids this school year. They are on a 2 hour delay tomorrow. I can tell you that they are even wishing for school.

We have been a bit cold here. This morning it was 3. This is Virginia not Iowa.

Will had baseball tryouts/skills assessment on Saturday. It was fun to see him try hard. He has been so excited since and all he wants to do is play baseball. Sadly the snow and freezing weather have not helped.

Annmarie is a huge help at home. She loves to help make dinner and will even fold laundry if the incentive is good enough. Today she and I cleaned her room. It was not as bad as some other rooms I've seen but it was bad.

Jeffrey finished reading The lighting thief. He was so excited. I love that his love of reading is growing and growing.

Jed has been good this past week. He is trying hard to do what is right, and it shows. By no means is he perfect, but I can notice a change.

Henry. . . Well lets just say he did a lap around the chapel this Sunday. I had to take a child out and could not get Chris's attention. I figured another child would help out. Good thing we have a whole middle pew to ourselves so Chris could catch him before making another lap. He is full of "piss and vinegar" as Chris would say. He takes any towel or small blanket he can find and gallops around the house twirling the towel all while yelling. Chris figured out he is sword fighting. Love how cute he is and how he loves to make us smile.

Chris has been at school. a lot lot lot. I think we both are extremely excited to get a few days away from the norm next week (FYI the blog will prob be updated on wed not tues). I'm hoping he doesn't bring any textbooks with him. We will both be very happy when this semester is over.

Me I've been working out, cleaning, reading (i started reading 1776 and wow I don't see how people can look at the history of our country and say God did not have a hand in it), watched too much TV the last 2 days, and cleaned some more. I cleaned off my dresser. I need to add the picture proof. I will do it tomorrow. I cannot find my cord.

Best read of the week - We are reading Alma 60-61. I love love love how Moroni doesn't care what the governement thinks, because he knows that God is a higher power

60:28 Yea, Behold I do not fear your power nor your authority, but it is my God whom I fear.

Are we that way? or do we fear man more.

Then I love how Pahoran responds
 61v9
 in your epistle you have acensured me, but it mattereth not; am not angry, but do rejoice in the greatness of your heart. I, Pahoran, do not bseek for power, save only to retain my  judgementseat that may preserve the rights and the liberty of my people. My soul   standeth fast in that liberty in the which God hath made us cfree.

Why can we not have leaders of our cities, states, country and world like this!


No comments: