2. Will has PE club every Monday morning. The last few weeks they have been playing basketball. Will is the youngest there but he loves it. He was so sad yesterday when he got home from school. His team had been eliminated.
3. Annmarie continues to amaze me with her reading. She reads reads reads reads. We went to the Library yesterday and she got probably 10 books. I'm pretty sure she is done with at least 3 of them. I love her and her desire to learn. She has also wanted to help more and more with dinner etc. She is sure growing up too fast.
4. Jeffrey has been outside all he can. We had some beautiful days this weekend. He wants so badly to be as good as Will is in everything. But he also has this sweet sensitive side. He has moved on (for now) from his tantrums. Hopefully this will stay this way.
5. Jed. I don't even know what to say. He is starting to read, he is starting to be responsible (as much as a 5 yr old can be) He loves smoothies and asks me to make them daily. He wants to help so much. It is funny to see this side of him. I love it and love to cuddle with him when he wakes up at 5:30 and I'm all alone in bed. He always wants a hug from me, which melts my heart
6. Henry is talking talking talking. He can see an airplane from miles away. He loves to point them out. He is still super happy. He makes me smile, and this week I have been so thankful for that. I love to see him grow up but it is also sad because he is no longer my baby.
Henry loves his nacho cheese!!
If you cannot tell he is soaked from his toes to his sweatshirt. He loves to be outside and doesn't care how cold/dirty/wet he gets.
7. Chris and I get to head to Dubuque Iowa in a few weeks for a follow up interview. We are hoping that things go well, but we are also praying to find the best situation for our family. But it is exciting that there is interest.
8. I get to run a RAGNAR!!!!! I'm so excited. It is not until August but, I get to run with a good friend from College. I'm so glad she thought of me. Oh and Michelle I told her you would be an alternate( I know how much you loved running Great River before). It is so nice to have a reason to run. Now if it would only get above 45 here (so I can push the kids in the stroller) I would love to be running again. (side note I have just started the 2nd half of Insanity. I have not gotten this far before. OH MY!!!!!! it is brutal. not looking forward to the next 3 plus weeks)
9. I am often reminded how when we do what we are asked (read scriptures, say prayers go to church) how the challenges in life (although still there) seem to be that much more bearable. I saw this today and could not agree more. "If you don't have time to pray and read your scriptures, You are busier than God intended you to be."
10 Favorite talks from this week
Sweet Moments by Bonnie D Parkin - favorite quote. "Mothers, you are instruments in God’s hands, with a divine responsibility to teach and nurture your children. Little ones so need your kind and loving hand. As you put them first, He will direct you how to best serve them."
Sunday Will Come by Elder Wirthlin favorite quote "Each of us will have our own Fridays those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us inpieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sundaywill come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come."
1 comment:
I'm glad I thought of you too. It's going to be a blast!!
Post a Comment