1. The Olympics are in full swing. On the weekend we let the kids stay up late to watch. Since prime time is at 8 pm here!!! That is so late. Our favorite so far is listening to the announcer for the Biathlon and ski marathon. He is so animated. It is like listening to a soccer announcer from England or Mexico. They get so into it. It makes it all that much more amazing.
2. Will has decided that we need to live somewhere with snow and mountains. This way he can become a snowboarder. Oh they joys of what TV does to kids. Personally I want the strength in my legs that those long distance speed skaters have. Their thighs are bigger than my head!
3. Since it has been cold here what does one do to pass the time or heat up the house? I bake cookies. Needless to say I ate too many and now as I stare at this photo all I want right now is to eat more cookies.
4. Will's school had a colonial day celebration on Friday. Every single kid was dressed up it was amazing! The parents were invited for the music and activity time. I loved watching him dance and sing. I even got to join him for the cotton eyed Joe. He was great. I cannot express how lucky we are to live here for him this year. He has had some amazing opportunities and has learned so much about Virginia. This right here makes me wish all my kids could do 4th grade here.
5. After reading my sisters blog last week, she posted about crock pot meals, I decided it was time to make some of my own. What did I do Saturday morning? I made 13 freezer meals (only 1 is not a crock pot meal). Total cost was under 13 per meal. Plus there is no prior planning. I chose one for last night, lets just say we will not be making that one ever again. Jeffrey and I didn't mind it but no one else ever wants it again.
6. Henry is starting to talk more and more. He loves to pick out the songs we hear. his top 4 are
1. day (today by Stephanie Boyd)
2. Ha-ti ha-ti (what does the fox say)
3. Go (let it go - Frozen)
4. Imber (Timber)
I love how he loves music and loves all types
7. Annmarie has been reading the Little House on The Prarie (which I never read, still trying to figure that out). Last night she came to me in tears. The family had crossed a stream and it rose. They forgot the dog and they all thought it died. She was so sad to lose a member of that family. SPOILER then 20 min later she comes to me still a little misty eyed, but she said they found the dog. I love how good literature makes kids sad, happy and feel all other sorts of emotions.
8. We singed the 3 older boys up for baseball this spring. This will be an interesting experience and hopefully we all survive it.
9. Favorite Quote of the week - from this talk
"Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn’t handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other."
10. Best conference talks I've read this week (plus the one above)
How Will Our Children Remember Us - Elder Hales
That We Might "Not Shrink" - Elder Bednar (this is CES not conf)
No comments:
Post a Comment