Wow what an awesome week!!! no really it has seemed so long but yet so fun.
Wednesday the monster storm hit!
this is what our car looked like at about 7am. The official for our area was 15 in. I'm going to say we got a bit more.
Henry loves everything about the snow. He was our happiest kid the 2 days we had to play in this stuff.
Jeffrey discovered the swing didn't work so well when there is no clearance.
Jed was thrown and mostly buried by the toss.
this was Henry's favorite spot for 2 days. He sat here and played but mostly ate the snow.
What Will does when he is in snow, he eats it.
Henry got tossed in the snow. He fell a bit deeper that Jed.
Once again this kid hardly cried.
Jed wanted to be buried. I think he was warmest here.
Jeffrey got covered up face up. Not sure this was very smart.
This was my exercise for the day. I ran up and back. Holy cow my heart rate was high!!
We had a blast playing in the snow for 2 days. Friday was warmer and the snow packed better so we had some good snowball fights. Will learned he can do a front flip over someone. Annmarie learned that snow down the back of your pants is not fun.
So I attempeted something different for Annmarie on Sunday. I cannot do hair. I do pony tales and that is it. Well I tried this.
It turned out like this.
Henry is 2. In every way. On Sunday this is what he was doing when he was not getting into flour, trying to shower in the toilet, putting on deodorant on his head. He is so fun but is a bit challenging.
On Sunday we had ward conference. The members of the stake presidency had a clear view of our family. They saw the good bad and ugly. As the 2nd hour was starting the 2nd councilor mentioned our family. HE guessed the age of Henry easily and know the order of our kids (we have never met) He then proceeded to tell us his family falls in the same order. Then how he knows it is a struggle, but it is worth it. He got all emotional. I know it is hard at church but I know we need to be there for our kids
Chris decided to dress Jed up in a football outfit. Nice huh.
Jed went to the bathroom at Costco so I put his hoodie on. Yep I can fit a 6-7 zip up. . . almost.
It seems that Jeffrey thought I set a great example by wearing a jacket too small he grabbed a 2T jacket to wear to wegmans. Oh such fun :)
Yesterday Mount Vernon had free admission because they were celebrating Washington's birthday. So since our older 3 were at school (make up snow day) Chris and I went with the younger 2. I was so beautiful here. It was a cold 20 and full of snow but I can see why General Washington wanted to be here and not in DC.
I assume that it is even prettier in the spring, summer and fall. But the price was right.
A view from the front porch. Absolutely breathtaking.

No comments:
Post a Comment