1. Wednesday I got to head down to Des Moines to drop some stuff off and pick up a trailer with 2 twin beds in it. A kind soul watched Henry so I did not have to make the journey with him. While I was down there I got to run some errands. Wow it was so nice to do them childless and in a "big" town. On a side note I towed a trailer home which is something I never have done before. I did pretty good I might add.
2. Wednesday night we got a visit from my mom. The kids were happy to see her and have her read then books. I love when my mom visits, I just need to figure out a way to have her visit not when I am going out of town.
3. Thursday Annmarie received the "CARE" award. What is it? I think it is a different name for student of the month. I must say that the Principal did the "ceremony" right. It was short. 2 sentences about each kid, then it was over. Oh and she is her class student council rep. She had to write a speech herself. I love how motivated she is when it is something she wants.
4. Thursday night Chris and I drove to Ames with Aaron (my sisters, brother in law) and ran what was called Rival Game Relay. The Iowa, Iowa State football game was on saturday so we were part of the 11 teams that ran the inaugural race. We started at 10pm and our team finished at about 530pm a few miles outside of Iowa City. It was fun to do a race again with Chris. We both ran about 14 miles (he did a bit more).
5. Saturday Will had his 2nd football game. Chris took video for me (I was working). It was fun to see him running around trying to get into the action. When your team wins 48-0 and you are not the first line of defense you don't get too much action.
6. Sunday. . . lets just say sacrament meeting was rough. Jed was choice and Henry was also choice. Then in Sunday school the teacher brought up our family (in a good way) and said so very kind things that made me cry. Somedays it is just nice to know that other people understand what you are going through and care enough to say something.
7. Jeffrey and Annmarie are playing soccer in what I can only call an extremely small farmington league. They enjoy it and I love that it is on Mondays and thursdays and done by 6!
8. On Monday Chris and I started a 21 day sugar detox. . . oh man we are crazy!! It was just a way to help jump start some healthier eating. While I do not agree with all of the restrictions, I understand the benefit of the short term absence. WE have made it 2 days. Maybe we will make it 3!
9. Also in the exercise and weight loss area. I have recently learned that when you have family (or friends) who are there texing, hey should I eat this, or did you exercise today. It really makes a difference.
10. Random thought of the week - I love to hear Henry laugh. He has such a great one. He makes me smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment