Monday, January 28, 2008

It is. . .

OK so it did not turn out as well as I had hoped. the background of my blog made it hard to see . It is of my eyelid. There is a yellow circle, no not bad make-up, Annmarie's head hit me really really hard. Yeah I know you were all waiting for that one. I almost did not put in the photo below, not a great thing to have a close up of your face.


Today I learned that I really need to get Annmarie private swimming lessons. Let me explain. Since October she and Will have been enrolled in city swim lessons. She really is to young but they let her in yeah!!! the latest section started last Monday. Annmarie and Will are in different classes, this is nice since she is his little copy-cat. But there are new teachers. They loved their old teacher, as did I. Annmarie lets say . . . is a lot like her parents, in many ways but stubborn is what is being shown here. She does not listen to her teacher and jumps off the steps. Each lesson the lifeguard has gotten off of her Chair and moved over within feet of where Annmarie is. Yes my child has no fear of the water. Which is why I really want her to know how to swim. But today she was standing on the bottom step and fell backwards into the water, OK more water with no footing. I look up (because I was doing my motherly duty of talking with the other mothers there) and see her under the water trying to swim. Her teacher was about 15 feet away with another student, and the other teacher a good 5 feet with his class. The lifeguard is running, which I though was a big no no at the pool, over to where Annmarie is "swimming." But the good news in this story is that Annmarie picked her head up out of the water on her own and took a breath, and then turned back towards the steps. By this time the other teacher was there, and Annmarie got a good talking to by her teacher and head guard. Was she fazed by this scary moment? nope she sat there as she was being talked to I'm sure thinking. "what did I do, I was just swimming, I'm not listening to a word you are telling me." I know this is what she was thinking even though I only saw the back of her head. How you may ask. . . . I think I have had similar talks with her and seen the looks she gives me. Isn't this suppose to wait until Jr High?

So back to the dilemma. . . private lessons will they help? is this behavior going to continue? Will it only get worse?

3 comments:

Greg and Nicolle said...

I think Scott and Kim are the experts and teaching their kids to swim. They should have some good ideas for you.
-Nicolle

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!

I have a daughter who is just like that. But right now she only swims in the hot tub.

I agree talk to kim and scott.

Kari

Anonymous said...

I love the lady that my kids have gone to. Her name is Rosie and she is amazing. Let me know if you want more info.