Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I did it

OK so I am the last person who likes to go to the Dr. I only go when absolutely necessary. But the last few days I have been feeling . . . not so good. I had some great advice from a wonderful visiting teacher (along with a great dinner)and when that did not help I said OK if I do not feel better by tomorrow I will go to urgent care. Well lets just say at about 1 am last night I almost woke up Chris and had him drive me to the ghetto to the only 24 hr urgent care. The problem I have been having is that my nose has been so stuffy that I breathe out of my mouth all the time. Then last night I started getting a dull achy pain by the right side of my nose. by 1 am the pain was now all the way down to my upper teeth. I looked on webmd and looked up all the home remedies possible and tried almost all. Sorry not a big fan of squirting things up my nose. Something about always being told you don't put things up your nose. so I broke down and had Chris and the kids drive me to urgent care at 8am his morning. I think that nothing is as disappointing as seeing a Dr and them telling you to do all the things you have done for the last 2 days. At one point I was wondering if he was even going to tell me what drugs to take since I did not have a full sinus infection, yet! thankfully he prescribe me some antibiotics and said if your symptoms don't get better in 3 to 7 days then fill the antibiotics and take them. I'm sorry but I took the over the counter meds he told me too and guess what 2 hours later NO CHANGE. yep I'm not putting me and my family through any more misery I have not take the drugs. I do not fell 100% or even 75% for that matter but I feel somewhat human again. I still have pain but, it is not as bad. I even had a little nap today as the kids were watching chicken little - their new favorite. oh yeah Chris thought a little drink would help. . . this is my secret drink that no one knows that I drink. I became addicted to it during Will's pregnancy. lets just say this was something that a good Morman girl doesn't drink. OK no its not anything major just a little yellow.
Hopefully I will be getting back to normal soon. My kids really need to stop watching all the TV they are watching and I really need to have a good work out again. only time will tell. Thanks again to Jana. YOU ROCK!!!
What have I learned from this experience . . . not a whole lot but hey what did you expect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? Good Mormon girls can drink lemonade. Get feeling better. Especially since you need to get yourself a bishop's interview. And Chris, shame on you for enabling Karen in whatever evil beverage she is partaking.

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

You are too funny! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I wish I lived down the street and could take your kids!!! Kurt and I were just talking about you guys and how fun you are. We miss you!

Jana said...

I hope you are back at 100% soon!