OK my friend Jenn posted a whole post on possible easter dresses for her daughter. I loved a lot of her dresses, but found one at Costco that I really liked. I bought it. For all those who know me this might shock you. it is a little fru-fru. I got it home and showed Chris. He does not like the fru-fru or the fact that it is sleeveless. A point that I totally missed. So I took some photos with Annmarie in it with a t-shirt underneath. The shirt was not pirfectly clean nor was her hair done. She had gotten out of the shower and I wanted to try it on her while she was still clean. So incase I return it it will still be clean. I know I could do a sweater, but what would I do during the summer. Let me know how tacky the t-shirt looks with it. I am so sad because I really love this dress, there is even a bow in the back that is cute. I know I'm becoming a girly person. I can live vicariously though Annmarie. any and all thoughts would be most welcome. Here are the photos.
7 comments:
I think that it looks great!!! I can't belive that you got a fufu dress. annmarie looks great.
Kari
it's a very cute dress. A light sweater would work with it in the spring or summer. of course, you'll have to ask yourself, how long will she be able to fit into it and then determine the seasons that she might be wearing it. the t-shirt looks ok but i think a sweater would look better...just my opinion. (i can't believe you are admitting you are a girl!!!)
Wow! I am in the title of your blog! I feel so honored. And really, sleeveless is fine. They have a lot of really nice lightweight sweaters (just recently Target and Children's Place had them for cheap). And you know that the church is always freezing during the summer so it usually works out well. Good luck. I bought the pink one at Costco for Haven. Cute cute cute.
I love the dress, Karen. I was just looking at pics of Payton when she was Annmarie's age and the dresses that she wore with a shirt under looked better if it had a little collar or something. Otherwise a sweater looked best. I can't wait to see Annmarie on Easter. Also, I love Costco.
I put little white t-shirts under all of Jenna's sleeveless dresses. I have since she was born, so I think the t-shirt is totally fine. You can always find really cute ones if you want, but I have found that just plain white are fine too.
I can't believe you are already planning for Easter... wow, you are on top of things. The dress is very cute. You could probably find a 3/4 sleeve length sweater that wouldn't be too hot in the summer. Of course, I don't live in the desert, so my advice might not apply. :)
-Nicolle
I think the dress is super cute and I think it would be fine without a top or sweater. It's a thick sleeveless so I think it would look fine. That would be up to you since everyones standards are different. :) I think it looks fine with a little shirt under it too and it would be adorable with a little sweater. Oh to have a little girl to dress...sigh. :)
Post a Comment