Friday, March 6, 2009

Your not a bad mom!

So today has been one of those days. The kids watched a little too much TV. I did a whole lotta nothing and by the end of the night I was tired and had little patience left. I'm sure (OK mostly hope) that most of you other mothers can relate. So I told the kids to turn off the TV and head to their room. Annmarie asked why I said you've watched way too much TV today. Because mommy has been a bad mommy today. In unison Will and Annmarie said your not a bad mommy. Then Annmarie said "Heavenly father said you are not a bad mommy." oh how it seems when we are at wits ends with our kids they come through and let us know that we are doing OK.

6 comments:

Jana said...

No! You are not a bad mom, in fact you are one of my role models!!! Everyone has hard/bad days. You are AMAZING! Listen to those darling kids of yours, and give yourself a pat on the back.

Stephanie said...

i can totally relate to everything you said!!!

Rach said...

Ah, what a sweet post! I have had my fair share of days like that. I agree with Jana, listen to your kiddos!

Christy said...

That's so cute! I have those day too so I can't wait until Aedan is old enough to reassure me like that. :) That's sweet that your kids love you so much! Good job!

The Fifes said...

hey! Saw your comment on genn's blog-- thanks for stalking! Fun to see your blog for the first time. Your kids are adorable, and i love their response. You are wonderful, and your kids will love you for being you. :)

Kari said...

Don't beat yourself up! You are definately not a bad mom. YOu are loved by 4 kiddos and a whole lot of other people!