Monday, August 24, 2009

Will's First Day of School


Will started Kindergarten today. He was so excited, he has been asking about it for months now. Meet the teacher was Thursday night and he did not want to leave. This morning he was up at about 5:30 and ready to go at about 7. This would have been great except drop off does not happen until 8:40. When we went to school Will and I got dropped off Chris and the others went to the gym. The place was way crazy! So many parents and students and cars. Hopefully in a little while there will not be so much craziness.
Here he is waiting for the bus. . . no not really we were about to go get in the car.



Here he is with his Teacher Ms Hundley. (makes me think of Curious George every time.)



He just wanted to go to school and have me leave.
Here he is with Bella. She is from Church and in the other class. They wanted to pose for a photo really badly.



Maya and Will also in different classes.



There were no tears from eather of us and he didn't really care that I was leaving him

Not sure what he did today. he was not very talkative. His biggest concern was that he would be sooo hungry. What was the first thing he said to me after school? Can I have a Peanut butter sandwich now please! He is totally my kid.




5 comments:

Kindy said...

Welcome to the world of school kids. Elena only told me her day was "fine" on her first day of kindergarten. I quess that is because that was the only thing I ever told mom. Congrats!

Kari said...

How much fun for you! He is a true boy. Max is starving everday when he gets home from school!

Julie Rowse said...

I can't believe he's old enough to be in school!

Rach said...

Did you get teary eyed at all?? I didn't actually cry when my first went to school, but I was a little misty eyed as he said goodbye and walked into his class. My kids are always starving too, I think the teachers eat the kid's lunches. =)

Britain said...

He looks so old in that first picture. Hooray for kindergarten!!! I can't believe I forgot to have my back to school breakfast. It must be my pregnant brain. Maybe I will shoot for next week.