Wow what a busy week!
1. Grandma Carmen came to town on Monday and the kids have loved having her here. They will be so sad this morning when she leaves. She has been a wonderful help to me this past week through all the crazy that has been going on. Thanks for the visit Grandma!
2. Marian (Chris's youngest sister) graduated from Army Basic training on Thursday. We got in the car (grandma, kids and me) drove to KC and spent the night there. Angie (Chris's sister) joined us there and we woke up at 4am and drove to Fort Leonard Wood. I must say the trees (or Leaf Peeping) was great! We are so proud of Marian and all she accomplished. All Will has talked about since then is when he joins the Army.
4. We move this Thursday and Friday. I said this once 3 plus years ago and said I will never move again while pregnant. Well here we are and let me tell you why (careful real Karen coming out, not life is perfect blogger talking :) ) I don't know if it is because I'm extra hormonal or if the inability to sleep well, but I am not functioning well. Some days I just want to blow up what is left and move on without. I usually handle stress pretty well but this move is no one of those moments. Maybe its the fact that it is all happening in 2 weeks from hey were moving to we move or we have kids now so it makes things a little more complicated. not sure but I will be very glad when we are settled (hopefully by January ;) ) in our new place
5. We will not be changing wards/Branch (church congregation) until probably the end of the year. It is amazing how you can be so sad to leave a place that you were so confused about at the start :)
6. Annmarie and Jeffrey had their last soccer game this Saturday. They had a great time. But there were only 4 players (3 on at a time) for all 5 quarters. needless to say I think they were a little tired. I'm really glad that we got into the league that we did since it is so low key and the parents love that it is low key. Will has 2 more games left then games will start up again sometime in the spring.
7. Friends. I am so thankful that I have friends here who when I lose it, as I have been quite frequently lately, are willing to help me out. Thankfully people have volunteered to watch our kids during the truck packing, and moving into the new house. Thank you thank you thank you
8. Jed turned 3 on Sunday. He adds so much craziness to our family and we love him. Yesterday I took him back to his GI Dr. His EE has come back and he is starting to vomit way to often again. It was really hard to go in and learn that what we did over the summer, which seemed to work so well, didn't take care of the problem. Now he will be on 3 different meds and I had a really hard time with this. I know that his medical issues are small in comparison to some but I struggle and wish he could just be a normal healthy boy. I worry about the side effects long term exposure to the meds he is on. But then I worry more about him not eating the foods he loves. He asked for stake for dinner on Sunday, which he loves, but he didn't touch it. He eats dry cold cereal, peanut butter sandwiches, chicken nuggets and milk. Poor kid. Here is to hoping that this round of treatment works as good if not better than the last.
9. Last night we watched Man vs Food for the first time. We watched the Des Moines one. and Let me tell you. All I wanted to do was go to the places they went and eat the food. It looked so amazing. I think I should never watch this show again while pregnant, because then I have these cravings that I want and just can't fill. Am I the only one who gets these issues while watching this show?
10. I have not been to the YMCA is over a week. If you know me you will know that this is probably the reason I am losing it at this moment. I am headed back today with a maternity belt on in hopes of not hurting too much. Hopefully this takes care of the problem because I'm not sure what I would do for the next 4 months if I cannot workout the way I have been.
1 comment:
I didn't know that your son has EE. One of my good friends in my ward has a son with it. It sounds so hard and it is so hard to not be able to give him what he wants. Keep hanging in there and hopefully it will get better with time!
Post a Comment