I love love love Christmas music. As my brother once proclaimed me the Bipolar award for Christmas songs.
Disclaimer - I have never sung, nor no anything about music except how to turn pages for the pianist :) so my views are mine alone.
Here are a few of my favorites (all of which can be found on YouTube)
1. Boney M's - Mary's Boy Child. I think I like this one so much because it brings back memories of college, Tempe, my siblings, and the Anderson's.
2. Where are you Christmas - Faith Hill. I really enjoy the message of this song. It is not about the presents it is about Love etc.
3. Far far away on Jedua's plain - my favorite Church hymn. It is not song as often as others but I just love it.
4. God rest ye Merry Gentlemen/We three kings - Barenaked ladies. It is probally because it puts a little more upbeat note to a traditional song but doesn't ruin the song.
5. 12 days/pains of Christmas. - I think the Muppet's is my favorite for the regular version. I love the 12 pains. Plus the 12 redneck gifts by Jeff Foxworthy.
6. The Prayer - Celine Dion and Andre Bocelli
7. The little Drummer Boy - which ever version actually has the drum. Love to hear it. I was just on YouTube and discovered my favorite version is by Bing Crosby and David Bowie! who would have ever guessed. (more on the David Bowie part)
8. Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano. It makes me think of Chris. I love it.
9. Believe - Josh Groban. Just a great song with a great voice and great message.
10. My most favorite Christmas song ever is Oh Holy Night. I like those that sing it without a lot of crazy flare (think Mariah Carey) who sing it well and with a great voice. . . ie Celine Dion, Josh Groban, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson etc. . . I like a great voice
I'm not entirely sure this is considered a Christmas song so I didn't want to put a non Christmas song on my list. but Amy Grant's Breath of Heaven is a great song.
I'm interested to see what your favorites are. I'm pretty sure that I will be doing a lest favorite songs at some point which will probably offend many more of you :)
5 comments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lo3HNr7pbw
This has been a favorite of mine for awhile.
David Lanz - Silent Night
I love most of the Christmas songs by Barenaked Ladies, but for more serene music I LOVE Bebo Norman. Funny though, I do not like The Little Drummer Boy. When I worked at JCPenney that came on every other song...always a different version and they were all pretty bad. I think there was one I liked though...I'll check out the one you mentioned. L(
Karen - these look like some fun songs to try. One of my favorites can be seen here, Joy to Everyone - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw1BwFp-Ojk
I love it so much I'll probably post it on my blog. Merry Christmas! See you in a few weeks!
Ilove the Bing Crosby/David Bowie version of "Little Drummer Boy" so much fun!
Jon does a great David Bowie...we totally want to sing that one sometime. Wouldn't I do a good job as Bing?
Post a Comment