Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Chris had a huge midterm on Friday and felt pretty good with how it went. Which he usually thinks the opposite so we are excited over this.

2. Sickies. I would like to say we are done with being sick this winter. . . no more I can't take it. I forget how much it wipes you out and how long it takes to get back into life again. As of this moment Jed has a runny nose but that is always around for him. Hopefully it stays this way for a while!!

3. Paper towels - Since we moved to Iowa I stopped buy paper towels. we are on a budget, they are not really necessary. Well a month ago I bought a big pack from Costco. Oh I forgot how heaven sent they are. Who knows if I will buys more but, I have really enjoyed having them again.

4. Trunk or treat. This year we actually did 2. Friday night was at the Branch. We had a great time. Chris and the YM made 5 or 6 pinatas. This must have been the highlight of the night.. . but there was a ton of stuff to clean up. Saturday the Ward we moved into had one and we were invited. They had a carnival set up in the gym. coloring, donuts eating off a string. But my kids Favorite was a chance to play angry birds with a sling shot and the stuffed angry birds. They loved it, and we met a few new people. It was so nice. The ward had 90 kids in the primary program! we have moved into a massive ward.

5. Halloween. Well trick or treating here happens on beggars night (the night before) and you must tell a joke to get candy. Pretty cool as last year Halloween was on Sunday, but this year that meant it happened on Sunday. We did not participate. So Monday night we had a Halloween/birthday party for Annmarie. We had fun. we decorated sugar cookies, played find the ghost, and had cake and caramel apples. it was a fun quite night and guess what I forgot. . . to take photos. I am so terrible at that. The cake was a princess cake and had Belle, sleeping beauty and Cinderella on it. Annmarie loved it.

6. Tomorrow I have my gestational diabetes test. Who was the genius that scheduled the test 2 days after Halloween! needless to say all candy was thrown out of the house yesterday afternoon, but I'm pretty sure Caramel apples and sugar cookies and not too good for me to be eating either. Here is hoping that there are no issues because I was not so smart in when I set it up.

7. We now have neighbors. well since moving in we have had a few, but the family that shares the other side of our house moved in this past weekend. . . OK really Friday and 2 last things on Saturday. We know them. He is in the same year as Chris in school. The kids are so excited! plus there are more families moving in later this month with more kids. My kids will be in heaven next spring!

8. All of our photos except 3 are up. I am on a quest to find blow up quality photos of the temples we have lived by to add them to the temple wall. So far we have Las Vegas, and Mesa. We are looking for Dallas, Palmyra, Winter Quarters, Nauvoo, and Manti (chris wants this one) So if you have any good photos (people-less) that you would be willing to let us use. please let me know!

9. A goodnight sleep. I love sleep. I love to get my 8 hours plus a night. well since moving here I think most of us have eluded this necessary thing in our lives. It makes for Grumpy kids, sick kids, angry kids etc. But more importantly it makes for a really grumpy, sleepy, tired, and lazy mom. I'm hoping that the sickness has left the house that I can once again return to this blessed event that needs to happen every night.

10. Baking. I started making cookies on Sunday and have realized that a gas oven and an electric one are very different. I miss having gas but that is the worst thing I have to say about this house so maybe I should suck it up and move on :)

2 comments:

Salcido Family said...

Hi. I'll be stalking you from now on. Cute idea about the ten on Tuesday. :)

Jana said...

I hope you all stay well too! :) So excited to see you!