Wednesday, May 2, 2012

random thoughts



Editors note - This is a rambling of my thoughts. I am happy with my life, but as we all do we all have difficult things that go on in our lives and we all work through them differently. As this blog is a journal of sorts I felt that it was a safe place to ramble.










As I sit at home tonight with kids in bed and a hubby at scouts. I have lots of things running through my head. so hear is a post of the inner works of my thoughts (not a complex as you really think).




My niece Tanna posted this on Facebook

"After a day full of disappointments, it's nice to look back and realize how many tender mercies were hidden throughout the day. :)"




how this made me take a step back and think about my day. The last hour or so before my kids went to bed was not the best. (which is always the case) and there were other bumps through out the day. But if I really look at my day it has over all been a great day. Chris was home studying all day. So I go to see him lots. I got to exercise. I have had 2 jobs offered to me in the last 2 days (both at the Y). I got to run and swim with a friend today and catch up with her life. I am realizing how many friends/acquaintances I have here. I have the help of another great niece (wonderful, not like my niece's niece) Lindsay. Chris has his last final tomorrow. year 2 will be over and only 1 more to go! He will get hopefully at least a week off before he has been offered an amazing internship here not in AZ!







another post today from Facebook




This isn't Lori. This is JD. I am out of town. But i am really missing my wife and kids. I can't wait to see them again. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

I love you guys.




makes you realize a few things. I am so lucky that Chris is around and doesn't have to travel. Hopefully this will stay this way. Also makes me wish Chris would do this sometime. But even if he doesn't I still know that he loves me! and loves our crazy kids who want to make me pull my hair out and I want to hug and cuddle with them because they are growing up way way too fast! It also makes me thankful for examples like this man and his wife who really do love each other and are not afraid to show it.




I am so blessed and often times (the last week or so especially) I struggle to recognize it. Why must I do this way to often. My other blog was supposed to help me see the positives in my day. Which most days it does. I cannot pin point why I have struggled the last week or so. Maybe the fact that Chris's semester is almost over and I feel a break coming on. Maybe I see to many of my own weaknesses and am struggling to overcome them. Maybe because I just don't know. I often see women who seem to have it all put together and wonder what they are struggling with (not in a bad way but I know we all struggle even the ones who look like they don't).




I guess what I am thinking/getting at is how often do I really pay attention to those moments that really make a difference? how often do I as a mother take the easy path with dinner or entertaining my kids just so I can be lazy. Hopefully I can be better at recognizing those positive moments throughout my day and focus on those and not the ones that will eventually make my hair turn gray.




Most of all I guess I wonder how people ever make it through this world without a knowledge of a Heavenly Father and Mother who love us so much. An elder brother, Jesus Christ, who suffer for our sins and our sorrows. How when we die we will get to be with our loved ones again. I am so thankful for this knowledge. I am so thankful for a Prophet today and those that sever with him and other great teachers and leaders. Any time I feel down I know I can turn to a talk from one of our general Authorities and feel uplifted. I love President Uchtdorf, to me he is the eternal optimist. I love his outlook on life and hope that someday I can be there too! I love this gospel and the fact that I have been blessed my whole entire life to have it. To have the spirit with me each day. To know right from wrong. How people can go through life without these eternal truths makes me realize why there are so many unhappy people. And why so many people have so much "stuff" to try and help fill a void that can only be filled with the knowledge that I am a child of God!




No comments: