Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday

this will mostly be a recap of the last 2 weeks.

Ragnar Chicago - 2 Thursday's ago I loaded up with a few really good friends and went and ran from Madison to Chicago. I must say this was an amazing experience. Chris was supposed to go with ( I really really dislike running Ragnar without him) but after we fasted and prayed on Sunday that he would pass the bar and find time to study I got an email saying she knew a girl who would want to run with us at 4 days notice. Well blessing, sadly Chris did not come but we didn't spend as much money and he got to study. I had a blast! I loved being with Gwyn my friend (who was once only my boss but is now my friend first) plus making better friends with others in my van. What I did not expect was making good friends with another team. When you run these you often see the same teams over and over. Well the team we saw was 2Extreme, we would cheer them on, complain with them and had a great time. When we got to exchange 35 (very last one before the finish) we tagged their van and cheered them on as they headed out. I was runner 12 and I had the very last leg. This stinks. Everyone is done etc and I had to run 8.2 more miles! needless to say at about 3 miles in there was team 2Extreme. They had waited for me (their runner was much faster) and cheered me on. This is why I love running these races. Nothing better than making instant smelly friends. :)

I got home Sunday night headed to a meeting for our Youth Conference Trek. Monday was spent with my mom buying the last bit of food for trek, taking my mom to the airport, packing for trek and packing the kids to play at friends houses while we were gone. Yes both Chris and I went on trek Tues - Thursday. It was HARD!!!!! I have been on trek before in WY and I loved it. no more than 4 miles a day and pretty flat. Well lets just say day 1 was close to 13 miles of very very hilly (big hills) and pretty muddy in spots as well. Day 2 was 9.5 of more hills and 80's again. Day 3 was spent just laying around. . . ok not really but no walking was really done. It was a great experience and I learned lots. Mostly I hope the youth got out of it that they can do HARD things.

So what were our kids doing while I/We were off adventuring? Well my mom came while I was running Ragnar. Then our ward asked us to go on trek in return they would find people to watch our kids. They all had a blast and were happy to be home for a bit. I think I missed them lots more than they missed me.

They have spent a lot of time in Child watch at the Y. Sadly this is what most of our mornings consist of. Me teaching at one of 5 Y's in the area and them playing. I've been trying to do some fun things, swim at the Y. . . well yeah the summer has been a bit busy.

Chris has been . . . Studying. He is such a determined person. I love that he is so focused. Hope it pays off

Here are a bunch of photos from the last few weeks

Love this photo!! 


Jed last day of pre-school


Henry knows what is good


Chris's favorite graduation present


Jed can finally ride his bike all on his own. Stopping and starting too!


Soccer is over!


My Y buddies!


Gwyn and I, we both love Orange what else can I say?


Finally a photo where I am actually running and don't look angry. 

Our van plus team 2Extreme


The kids love that they can take photos and videos with my phone without knowing my password


on the trek. 


Annmarie lost another tooth. 


No comments: