Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ten on Tuesday

1. I'm back on my normal day. I know you are over joyed. Well today it is a bit chilly. I think it was at -7 with the windchill at some point. But I don't care because my kids had school!!! We returned 2 space heaters today. I think we were the only people in all of America to do that today. We made a man at Costco very very happy. A kind person in our ward is letting us use theirs until it warms up.

2. Why space heaters? well living in an old drafty house that uses propane is very expensive. So we use the heaters in the day (yes this raises our electric bill) and we use the propane at night. We are hoping to squeak by without having to get any more propane. Here's to hoping.

3. Henry turned 2 on Saturday! All I can say is it was the exact opposite of what his 1st birthday party was like. It was just us. No one else. He got cake and enjoyed it. What more does a 2 year old need.

Not the best decorating I've ever done, but Henry could tell it was mickey mouse and he liked it. That is all that matters.




See all he wants is the frosting. 



4. Henry is in his I'm the most mischievous wrecker of anything I can find possible, but I do it with a smile stage. This should be fun.

5. Annmarie made a skirt last week in activity days. She wore it on Sunday. I loved to see how pleased she was that she could do that. Then a friend gave us a bag of dresses for her. Needless to say when she put this sweater dress on she aged about 10 years. She needs to stop growing up.




6. Jeffrey was so proud that he tied his tie all by himself for church. I am teaching his primary class this year. Wow he is a challenge since it seems no punishment works for him at all. It is also very distracting when I can hear Jed being terrible in his class next door. OH the joys of having the bad kids in primary.


7. Saturday was the Pinewood Derby. Will was so excited. He named his car Bob. Will got 2nd place over all last year and we were trying to prep him very hard for the this will not happen here. Please do not get up set if you don't do well. etc. I was so proud of him. He got 2nd in 7 of his races. On his last race he got 1st. He was so proud of his car.




8. I love that we have great friends. They don't forget us or our kids when we move away!


9. I babysat a little boy all day yesterday, it was fun to have a "baby" (he was 11 mo but as big as Henry). the family said that they would watch our kids for us sometime. I was like sweet I can go to the temple with Chris!! When they came to pick up their 1 child who I watch for about 11 hours. they told us they were taking our kids on Saturday from 10 am to at least 10 pm! So we can go to the temple together and go run and even go on a date. They do not know how much of a huge blessing this is. Chris and my date time has been very limited her lately because of the cost of everything. Also since the kids do not have school Thursday and Friday this will be a nice welcome break.

10. Ugh kids and no school. Last week my kids had 1 day of school and it was a 2 hour delay!!! there was snow but then the rest of the time was it was too cold or the roads were bad. I am reminded of why I cannot home school my kids. I love them but they do not learn well from me.


oh side note. Our cafe Rio has had 2 $1 burrito days in the last week. so we took the kids out to eat one day and then Chris and I went with just Henry. It was even cheaper than eating at Costco :)




No comments: