As I sit here and ponder so many things this Sabbath morning, I am stuck again that Heavenly Father is in charge. I have some friends who are going through hard times. Personal struggle, a death of a spouse, looking for employment and illness. It seems odd that at a time like this I focus on Heavenly Father being in charge. But as I think about it more and more He really is in charge. Do I wish these hardships on anyone much less my friends? No. But I know there is a reason. But more importantly I know that I am not the only person praying for these people. I know that anyone who knows them is praying whenever they think of them. I know that because I have seen people given the ability to take steps forward even when all seems lost, they are given the opportunity to come closer to their Lord and Savior that at any other time. As someone looking in and all of these situations are happening far from me. It makes me miss my "families" where ever they are.
This move here has been difficult for me. Life is just different here, that is the only way to say it. I have been reminded often the last 4 years how much I miss my Vegas family. I am so blessed to meet some of the best people in my life there. I struggle to keep up with them as well as I should, but they are in my thoughts. I miss my family in Waukee. I have also met some amazing people there as well. More life long friends. Then moving here I have made a few more friends. Often times I wish I could just stay put and never move again so I don't met more people that will leave my life. But I realize that this is not realistic. People move, and I am not the only one. I would miss meeting some more amazing people. I guess what I am trying to say is the last year has been hard for me. Yes moving etc, but mostly having friends struggle and I have been no where near to be able to help. I was once accused of "trying too hard" by a youth I was working with. I was at first hurt and upset. I just want people to enjoy the activities and I want people to like me (really who doesn't want to be liked). This morning I realized that I try hard because I love people. I try hard because I want people to feel accepted, to have friends, to enjoy their lives. I try hard because I think that is what Jesus would do. I fail lots in many areas. But I do succeed. I think I try so hard because when I have "family" away that I cannot be there physically to help, I hope that there is some one who is trying hard for them. Prayers are often answered by acts of service by others. If I want my prayers answered for those I love I better try too hard and help be the answers to others.
I sure I have made no sense, sound preachy and did not mean to imply that I am always being the best person I could be. I know I am a long way off. I know I have a long long way to go. But I really needed to jot some thought down and this is what this blog is for. My imperfect thoughts. So I no longer care that some people see me as someone who tries too hard. There are many other things that could be worse. Like someone who doesn't try or doesn't care. Spend an extra moment and let those you Love really know it today. Don't text them, call them. Also try hard to be the person who is the one who answers others prayers.
1 comment:
Beautiful post. Miss you guys:).
Post a Comment