Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So many things so little time


Today was the most momentous day ever in Will's life. OK so not really but he has talked about going to school for over a year now and today he got his chance. He started Preschool today



and when I asked him what his favorite thing from today was he said school. YEAH!!!! I know the chance of this actually continuing for the next 14 years slim to none but I'll take what I can get. I think the best part of the day for him was getting to wear his backpack. He brought home 2 papers, (I am going to brag here) and the Letter A was one of them. They were suppose to trace the letters both upper and lower case. He did great!!!!! We actually have been working with him on this so I'm glad to know that he can do it without me saying up, down across. He told me he had no help from the teacher. He posed great for the annual photo, but then the other 2 felt the need to have their photo taken as well.



Correct me if I'm wrong but Jeffrey is looking a little Matt Rapierish in this photo. Maybe this is just the look Matt gives to me so it looks familiar.




Annmarie was very sad to not be going to preschool, she missed the cut off my 3 weeks. As shown here as Will and Matthew Graham are lined up ready to go in she felt she needed to get in on the photos as well.


So trying to be a good mom to Annmarie today I let her help me finish sewing the quilts for Relief Society and Greg and Nicolle's Christmas quilt (yes I know it is early but hey if I waited until Nov to start they might have it by next Christmas) She was a very good help taking out the pins. (I checked them a second time so hopefully they are all pin free)




It was so cute watching her push the pins in and go though all the colors. She kept asking what I was doing while I was sewing. She wanted to turn on and off the sewing machine. I think I mostly glad that I had the patience today to let her help me. It was fun and took a little longer than necessary but . . . I will not regret it one bit.




Other important or not so important info this is our 100th post. Yes we have managed to post 100 times about things worthwhile and some not so worthwhile. Hopefully I will continue to keep up and do better about listing things the kids do so that I will have some memory of what they did and were like as kids. Since I am a terrible Journal keeper this has and will continue to be our family journal.



One more thing of excitement. Jeffrey went to Nursery last Sunday!!!!!! This means that Chris and I get to go to our classes and actually listen (if we so choose) and do not have to walk around the church with him. He did great (so we were told) and was happier to be there than in our classes with us. Yeah!!!! No photo of the even but here is one that depicts Jeffrey acting just like himself.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Preschool and Nursery all in one week!! Hurray for you!

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

What a good mom you are! So patient.. I love it! And congrats on getting to listen at church. I love the (if you so choose) part. I totally agree!!!

AMY said...

Karen, can't believe you are about to have #4, you beat me to it! I'll let you tell me how it is...Your kids are darling...I love that I can go to your blog and feel like I'm still your next door neighbor! :)