1. flooding - We have had a ton of rain this past week. we have learned that when we have too much rain too quickly our drain cannot keep up. But on the positive side our pallets were high enough up and once the rain stops our drain works fine.
2. Fender bender - Chris was in a car accident on his way to work on Friday. A lady rear ended him. His neck was sore on Friday. His car will be getting a brand new bumper next Monday :)
3. I finally found a new "place." when I was growing up whenever I needed a place to clear my head etc I would always go to the Hill Cumorah. Thanks to a friend I now have one here in Des Moines. Gotta love new favorite places.
4. Hail in June? The weather here has been crazy!!! it hailed 2 times in one day. It was big hail and it hurt when I got hit by it :)
5. Kid fit - This week Will and Annmarie started their free class at the Y. The run in the gym for 40 min every day. Love it!
6. Library reading program - I've been searching for new books for Will to read to encourage him in his reading. Well I guess the prize of a flashlight should have been all I needed. He read 5 hours in about 8 days. For him this is huge! So happy.
7. Jeffrey's date night. He wanted to go "golfing." the local sports store has 2 little putting isles. Then they went and tired out some shot guns that were just Jeffrey's size. I would have loved to have seen Chris's face. He had to be in heaven.
8. Singing in the car. The kids class sent home a fitness bingo paper and one of the things was singing in the car. So last night we were driving home with the raido blaring. We were all singing some Abba and I've got a dream. It was so much fun. we were the ghetto car with really loud music coming out of it. Everyone was singing fro the top of their lungs. It was awesome.
9. Being flexible - this has been a crazy week. The thing I learned the most was even when we have goals for the day it is OK if we don't get them done because life or other things happened.
10. today I got to see our newest gummy bear and see its heart beating :)
3 comments:
Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys.
Hip hip hooray for "new gummy bears"! Congratulations!
Congratulations!!!What an exciting time!
Post a Comment