Tuesday, July 12, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. ER. yesterday I got to go to the ER with Jed. He thought he could jump from the couch to the stool. not sure what he was thinking but his upper right cheek lost to the stool. It was a great gash. After calling our Peditrition and going to Urgent Care we found out the The pediatric ER at a local hospital somewhat sedates the child so there will be little to no movement when the stitches are placed in. Since Jed is NOT a sit still kid of kid in any way we went with that option. They were so wonderful. He got to watch a game on the IPad (they have a group of people in the ER who are there to help the kids feel at ease and give them things to play with. LOVE LOVE LOVE this.), be swaddled in a sheet. He did awesome. The Nurse told me the Medicine would make him get loopy, kind of like drinking a couple beers. Jed was so funny to watch the rest of the night. He struggled to walk. His voice was even louder than before, and he jumped from one thing to the other. He is doing great and remembers nothing.

2. The camera has been found. . . no new photos have been taken. I think I need to work on that.

3. Our Anniversary was last thursday, 10 years. We went on the most amazing date ever. . . er we hade some great burgers and great ice cream. Then watched a great movie at home. Thanks to our friends for watching the kids. What a great 10 years it has been.

4. So the USA played Brazil during church on Sunday. I had called my mom and asked her to call and let me know what happened. Then I said hey wait I have a friend in Vegas who could text me the scores. Well The last text I got was USA lost 2-1 in ot (I'm assuming he had to go to church). I didn't listen to my mom's voice mail because I didn't want to hear the bad news again. So much to my surprise I looked online and found out that the USA won in pk's!!!! That was awesome. We later watched the game on ESPN3 and almost lost years of our lives even though we knew what the outcome would be.  Wonderful goal in OT by Abby. now I'm bummed because I have an appointment tomorrow right during thee middle of the semi-final game.

5. Annmarie got an awesome bruise on her right eye last week. She and another kid ran into each other while playing in the water. . . she said to me. "I didn't even cry mom." what a tough kid she is.

6. Last Tuesday night we went and played at a splash pad/mini pool (zero depth to 1 1/2 feet deep) The kids had a blast. I discovered 2 very interesting things. 1 why do people bring their kids to a water type park then yell at them when they get in the water? 2. I heard a Grandma calling your grandkids by name. The older child was Chance (OK that's becoming normal) then the younger child was named Random. No joke Chance and Random. WOW is all I could think.

7. we have been limiting the Wii a lot ( the wii has  been having issues and most of our games will no longer play) they have played maybe 2 times in a month. The other day I was listening to Will play Tennis. he was grunting so loud every time he went to hit the ball. I thought there were a few women that played tennis while I was growing up. Such a funny thing to listen to.

8. I made my Mom's cinnimon rolls and dinenr rolls this last week. I have forgotten how good they taste and how easy they are to make. I think I will be making them a little more often.

9. Kris (my sister) called and we set up tentative plans to meet up with them when they will be visiting The Midwest in a few weeks. I'm so excited. Sometimes you don't realize how much you love your family until you don't get to see them very often.

10. Harry Potter. Hopefully next week I can finish my obsession of posting about these movies. The plan is to see it Friday but who knows if that will happen. CAN'T WAIT!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like your kids are ready to get their photos taken - bruises and stiches. Bring them on or are you just trying to see how good my photoshop skills have become!

Jana said...

Sounds like you have had a busy week! Can't wait to see some picts! :) Thanks for all your help! You are wonderful!