Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Most thoughtful daughter

I want to remember this for a long time. The last few days have been full of throwing up, lack of sleep and sleeping on couches, floors, and chairs. My turn came yesterday. All the kids were home (Will and Annmarie were not going to school sick) and I had felt rotten all day. needless to say the time finally came and I was praying to the porcelain gods. Chris was at school and had to work that night, Biggest issue is he has a big test on Friday that is very very important. So he needed to be at school away from us sick people. After I removed the contents from my stomach I stayed on the bath mat shaking with the chills and had aches all over. It took me about 30 min to crawl out of the bathroom to my closet floor (which is carpeted). All this time I was praying for some miracle of Chris showing up at home a random friend stopping by etc. Never did I think my 6 year old would be helpful. Well she came in and said are you OK? I said no I just threw up, and asked her to get me a blanket. She got me a blanket and sat by me for a few minutes while I was still crying. She gently rubbed my head and was just worried about me. Honestly I think she was a little scared. I don't think the kids have ever seen me like that. I heard her leave and go tell the other kids mom just threw up we have to be really good. Then she comes back in with her pillow for me. Such a sweet kind act. It made me realize that sometimes when we pray for things our answers come from very unexpected places. I do not tell this story for oh I'm so sorry Karen. Nope I wrote this so I could remember that from very early on Annmarie was a kind person who cares for others. Hopefully this continues and I can be a good example to her like my mother is/was to me.

1 comment:

TerriLyn said...

Hooray! I found your blog! Love it. Where have I been all this time? You are so good at updating your blog! I'm very impressed Karen. I need to do a better job updating our's. Glad you're feeling better. Sorry you were so sick. That is miserable! Hopefully things are back to normal now. Love ya!