Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Ugh what a week. So glad that is over!

1. Since the move Chris has had a greater distance to go to school (.25 mile to 12 miles) So we see a bit less of him. with the craziness of the move it made for some long days this past week. Not to mention He went on a scout leadership training from Friday to Sunday. When the family got home from church we were all very excited to see him!

2. yesterday I got a call from Annmarie's school. she had thrown up in class. I was at the Y which was 15 min away from her. As I am getting Jed to the car I get a call from Jeffrey's pre-school telling me that he had thrown up. His school was 7 min in the opposite direction. Needless to say poor Annmarie had to wait about an hour for me to get there. Since the kids got home all of them have had this bug, and it made for a long night last night. Today all the kids are home, and I'm trying to use my will power to not get it too. Here's to hoping we survive the day :)

3. The kids have loved there new school. They have made friends at school already! Annmarie's teacher was not there the first 3 days because she had jury duty. So happy that they are happy and in a better school.

4. Jeffrey was supposed to go to his last day of pre-school today but that got ended when he got sick yesterday. He loved his school. Too bad it is too far away to keep taking him to. He will not be going to a new one as his previous one was free and there is nothing like that here. We figure he will survive, he is a smart kid :)

5. Chris had an OK time at the scout training. He made some good connections which might be beneficial in the long run for us. He said they worked them hard all 3 days. My biggest fear is that once we are in our new ward they will put him in scouts because of the training he now has.

6. I got pictures put up on the wall yesterday and 4 boxes unpacked. I also got the books put up for the kids. For the most part there is not that much to do, it is all the little stuff. Hang photos, go through the "random crap" boxes etc. It is nice that we got settled as quickly as we did.

7. Annmarie's birthday was very low key. We are having a Halloween/birthday party next Monday for her. The trick or treat here on what is called Beggars night, which is always the night before Halloween. so since that is Sunday my kids will not be participating. So if you are in the area and free come on over for some games some snacks (NO CANDY so done with that) and cake.

8. a week ago Sunday was the primary program. My older 3 were all in it and did great. We could hear their singing, and they spoke there parts well. A wonderful thanks to their teachers and the primary presidency.

9. In the car we were listening to last years primary program CD, with the song I know my Savior Loves me. Jeffrey turns to me and says " Mom I know the Savior is true and he loves me. (then he repeats his like from the program) I know Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer. Such a great touching moment for me that I hope to never forget!

10. So I made Freezer Jam on Wednesday. We ran out (that batch moved with us from Vegas) just before the move and Chris was in need of some new jam. So I made some, OK well a lot as usual. So if you need any come on over I've got about 10 jars I can spare :) On a side note it was so nice to make it with all the counter space we had. oh such small joys!

1 comment:

Kindy said...

Yes...Chris will get called to scouting...it is so hard to find men that are trained. Life as a scout widow has it bonus points...when I figure them out I will tell you.