Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. Chris left Sunday after church and took Jeffrey and Jed with him to AZ. He has an interview there for a summer internship. It is a pre-baby present for me because with Will and Annmarie in school I am totally childless most of the day. I have a big list of to-dos before the baby comes. So I am a bit excited about this.

2. Sunday Chris and I got to speak in our new ward. Nothing like hey we read your records in last week and this week you get to speak. I think it went well. We played tag team and a kind family lent us their teenage daughter to help just in case. Have I mentioned that this ward is so nice?

3. Friday Will came to class with Chris and I at the Y. There are no weights just push ups, burpee's, lunges, running etc. He loved it! He has been before. The regulars were so kind and encouraging to him. I love my Y (no I have not switched to the close one mainly for this reason)

4. Last night we Skyped as a family for FHE. It was fun. I am so thankful for technology which allows us to keep close even when we are not

5. After Chris and the boys left Sunday we had a lot of time. . . So we decided to take freezer Jam to a few of our friends whom we have not seen in a while. It was great fun and we were glad to pass in evening in a fun manner

6. New Years eve. . . yeah I cannot remember the last time I was up. I think everyone was asleep in our house by 9pm. We are such party animals.

7. The new game of choice in our house is battleship. The kids love playing it. I love it because I don't really have to officiate.

8. The kids have been very Harry Potter obsessed lately. Will has millions of questions. So Chris gave him the copy of the 4th book and put the CD in so Will could follow along. I must say Will loved it and cannot wait for Chris to come back so he can listen again.

9. Have I mentioned that Annmarie is a reading fool? She gets Junie B Jones Books (which I can't stand) from the school library. reads it that night and then takes it back the next day and gets a new one? So happy I have 1 that I don't have to force to read.

10. Jeffrey has been. . . lets just say a handful lately. Hopefully with things going back to normal (sort of) once he comes home that he will settle down a bit. I have found a close preschool for him but am waiting to see what the monthly cost will end up being. He could really use some time in a structured learning environment.

No comments: