Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ten on tuesday

1. so no baby but he will be here tomorrow!!!! cannot wait and so glad it was moved up from Friday. looks like 1/25/12 will be the next number I memorize :)

2. I cannot express enough thanks to My wonderful sis in law Michelle. She came here for 2 weeks and was truly wonderful. Anyone who has had babies while having babies at home knows how uncomfortable and long the last week(s) are. Michelle was heaven sent. She did dishes, she washed clothes, she swept the floor, she entertained kids, did Annmarie's hair, put up with Chris and I, made dinner, and was a sane person to talk to during the day, and went to the Dr's with me. Plus she let me drag her to my classes at the Y (that is huge because they are not the easiest classes) I don't think I could ever express how thankful I have been for her. She is already missed and will be missed until she visits again :) Thanks Michelle you are the best!

3. While Michelle was here we ( her, I and Chris) played phase ten and ticket to ride. I forget how much I love love love playing those games. It is also so fun to play because people's true nature comes out. Thanks for playing with me guys.

4. We went from really nice weather (say 50's) to freezing cold -10 with the windchill in about a weeks time. It was a rude awakening and made me wish for 1 temp not a wide variety.  On our way to church on Sunday the roads were all icy, it was a blessing we made it there safe. It was also a blessing that it is only 5 min away on flat roads as well. So thankful for that blessing in our lives. Besides that church was wonderful!

5. Friends - I know I have said it before but I will say it again. I love Iowa. the people here are so friendly. I have made friends in places where I never would have thought. At the YMCA I had at least 6 people give me their number so they would know when I had the baby. these people are ones who work there. they work with my children in the child watch, they have been my instructors in classes and they have been class mates. I love that I can go some place like this and make a whole group of friends I never would have imagined.

6. friends part 2 - our new ward is so friendly. There were so many sisters on Sunday who said why are you here aren't you supposed to have had a baby? The thing was is it wasn't the negative attitude they were genuinely concerned. Plus they have all offered help when I have a small gap of coverage from Carmen leaving to my mom coming. I have not felt this genuine of offerings since I was in the Valle Verde ward.

7. So when I found out we would not be having the baby on the 19th I panicked. What was I to do after having the baby and when I got out of the hospital I would have no help for over a week and a half. This was my biggest fear. Well after having a serious cry on the phone with my mom she called American Airlines and was able to change her flight date for free!!! for those who don't know they are the worst. As soon as I knew that there would be a very small gap My panic subsided and I was able to realize that it is much better that the baby wait until his lungs were more mature. So thankful for the calming of the holy ghost and a kind mother who knew just how to talk her daughter out of her hysterics :)

8. Wed I went to a different Dr's office to have an Amniocentesis done. I had a CVS done earlier in this pregnancy which was similar, and was very apprehensive. It hurt. Knowing that they were once again putting a massive needle into my stomach was not the most appealing thing. Well when I got there the ultra sound tech said it hurt much much less. I was still skeptical. But it did hurt much less. It would have hurt less except the baby did not want that needle in there was moving it around and trying to push it out. The Dr (who was not a spring chicken) was very surprised by this and and never seen it. Gotta love having that kid in your belly.

9. Chris has started his 3rd semester of school. I think he was glad to be able to start the semester and be at his classes the first week. He said he likes his classes. He finally got all his grades back (it took over a month!) and I have to say I am so proud of him. His overall GPA is a 3.3. We have been so blessed with his grades. He has worked so hard for them. And I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished!

10. To say the kids are excited for Wed is an understatement. I think Will and Annmarie are most excited to miss the afternoon of school. I am very interested to see how big Jed and Jeffrey are about to look. I will post photos hopefully while I am in the hospital (I should have lots of alone time since Chris will be going to classes and I am not leaving the hospital any earlier than I have to :)

No comments: