Tuesday, March 5, 2013

ten on tuesday

1. here is a photo of Will's hockey mouth. Now he thinks it is cool.



2. Henry loves oatmeal. . . even dry. I'm still trying to figure out how he got it open


3. Henry hates boots! I got these over a year ago for like $5. I thought they were kids size 5 not toddlers. . . needless to say they lasted for a very short time.


4. I have seen this sign a ton of times since moving here 2.5 years ago. I finally got a photo of it. The best part is there is a baskin robbins in this strip mall.


5. We signed the older 3 up for soccer again. I will be coaching the u6 team (Jeffrey) and Will and Annmarie will be with Will's old coach. I'm so thankful for the league that makes it possible for us to play, and who lets Annmarie play with the older kids because she can hack it.

6. Friday Chris and I spent the day in the town of Algona. never heard of it? well the internet does it no justice. I cannot imagine how beautiful that place is in the fall and spring!

7. Saturday and Sunday were stake Conference here. On Saturday the talk that meant the most to me was one where the speaker spoke about how he got in a car accident (not his fault) at age 16 and didn't feel his fathers love for months because if it. It made me pause and check how I react to certain things that my kids do. So thankful for his talk and all the inspiration that came with his and all the other talks this past weekend.

8. Chris intervened on a discussion between Will and Jeffrey.
       c - Will what would Jesus do in this situation
       w - Fine, Rock paper scissors
 gotta love that thinking

9. I started having some tooth pain while in DC. I figured a filling had fallen out. Well last week it was finally hurting enough to bother me. A wonderful lady that I work with and her awesome husband of a dentist got me in the following day. Yes the filling had fallen out. The problem was is it was still a baby tooth. Many of us lucky Sherwood's still have baby teeth in our mouth. Well long story short. I only have 2 baby teeth left in my mouth instead of 3. So no lets just say I am not buying my kids many gooey things to eat.

10. I stole this from a friend. She was sick of "reminding" her children to make their beds and clean their rooms. So she started putting a piece of candy on their bed when it got made and the room was clean. Well lets just say this has worked great! Today was the first morning there was no reminders from me and only 1 did it. Hopes this helps remind the other 3 what they need to do.

random fact - 20 years ago "the ice storm" hit Rochester NY. Oh such wonderful memories I have of that. The place looked beautiful!

No comments: