Tuesday, February 26, 2013

ten on tuesday

1. Snow days. . . were to start. Last wed was an early out day. Then thursday was another because of the potential snow storm that was on its way (we got maybe 3 inches). Then today the kids got out early as well.  At least today it is nice enough for them to be outside playing in it rather than stuck inside and freezing out side.

2. Today's snow is absolutely beautiful!!! I love how big the flakes are and watching them fall. It reminds me of snow growing up. 


3. I was asked to be a campaigner for the YMCA Y partners program. This means calling strangers and asking them to support those who cannot afford to pay the full membership price. It really is a wonderful cause. But I hate calling people. I told my boss I would only ask those who I knew. Well it turns out that I got lucky. My friend Curtis, who comes to HEAT class, was very very generous. I had asked him then a few weeks later he donated. He donated huge! It almost made 5 grown women cry. When i texted him to tell him how much this meant, he responded with "I prayed to God this morning asking for an opportunity to help someone out, and the Y was the opportunity he gave me." I love people like this! 


4. before we moved away from Vegas I had to stock up on some things. In March Smiths always has their case lot sale. Needless to say I bought a ton of peanut butter. This week we opened our last jar. We go through a jar a week here. This is a small blessing that Heavenly Father has chosen to bless us with!


5. Jed got his cast off on Friday. The yesterday he got his foot fitted for his brace. It looks like he will get it in 3 weeks. And get to keep it on for a year. Oh and the Dr told us to keep him off his foot as much as possible before he gets his brace on. yeah that is going to happen


6. Chris took the webelos on a hike Saturday and took Will and Jeffrey. Needless to say it was cold and our children were very unprepared.


7. Chris and I got to attend a birthday party for a friend who had turned 50. WE had a great time and it was a fun party. We learned more about him because his wife had an awesome video going with photos and stuff from his life. Hope I can throw Chris a party that cool in 14 years :)



8. We were talking about Presidents of the USA the other day and Will says "mom President Obama is the worst president ever"
Starting to panic and thinking what did Chris and I
say? I respond "Why"

Will - His wife took out ice cream out of our lunches at
school.
oh to be 8 and think that is what is important in life.


9. Henry had his 1 year appointment.
Stats:
Head 76%
Weight 22 lb 7oz - 61%
Height 29'' - 12%

yeah we are out of the single digit percentile for
height!!!!


10. Chris and I went and saw Safe Haven. Oh my 
what an A movie (1 scene could have been removed) I loved it. It made me so thankful for Him and what a wonderful man I married. I am so lucky!!

1 comment:

Lexie @ Carpe Diem Design said...

We saw that movie too! I really liked it as well. One of the best of the Nicholas Sparks movies I think.