Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas Songs

I love Christmas songs. Maybe because I feel that I can only listen to them 1 month a year. but I must say there are some songs that I do not like. SO I want to hear from you all your least favorite songs. For example last year I made the mistake of telling someone that I enjoyed Clay Aiken's O holy night, this person then proceeded to tell me that they cannot stand the way he sings the song. So I want to know what song by who, and why you don't like it.
The song I dislike with a passion is about the girl and guy who used to date. then saw each other in a parking lot. It was snowy and they drank beer in the car. Yeah I have a friend who loves this song. I think this is not a Christmas song, and I cringe every time I hear it. Someone said it was Auld Eny Zine (yeah great spelling) but I don't think its right
On the other had my list of favorites is great. Mary's Boy Child by Boney M has to be my favorite. Don't know it? it is the first song on my play list.
So lets here your least favorites and Favorites. Don't worry I will not judge you on your song choices

4 comments:

Amber said...

geez - I wish I could answer this question but...I honestly just don't know. I love almost all Christmas songs. Least favorite would be those that are icky and not really in the spirit (except grandma got ran over by a reindeer, and that's because I grew up with that one) There is one about Santa or someone walking around in womens underwear - i like the tune but, come on - it's Christmas! I want songs that put me in the spirit!

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen. I found your blog in a round about way. How fun! That song you hate is actually by Dan Folgelberg. I really like it! I don't really consider it a Christmas song, though. I like almost all Christmas songs (I especially love I Heard the Bells). I don't like the really famous ones like The Christmas Song, I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas, and Jingle Bells (except the SheDaisy version which is awesome). Take care!

Anonymous said...

I don't like Grandma got run over by a reindeer. The sad things is that my kids love it. But I love Josh Groban's new christmas album. I don't think that there are any on there that I don't like. I also like Mary's Boy child by Bony M too.

Anonymous said...

ps - Kari wrote the last one