OK last weekend the kids and I (Karen I know you were thinking Chris was writing these blogs) went to Arizona with Bette and her son Matthew. My parents and A sister and her family were coming into town so we had a big gathering. The kids had a great time playing with cousins and seeing their aunts and uncles and grandparents.
Being the wonderful photographer that I am I managed to get 2 photos of this entire weekend. and yes they were of the same thing.
As you know Thursday was Thanksgiving. We went to the Graham's (Bette). Our kids slept during the meal which was a wonderful blessing. we had fun, played some outburst and had great laughs, and some sorrow when ASU lost to USC. But there was much rejoicing on Friday when LSU lost in overtime. You've got to find the happiness in life somewhere, and a team losing is what it was for us.
One of the funny moments from the day was Annmarie coming up to me and asking for a drink. look at the photo below and guess if I gave her a drink.
On Friday we went bowling with the Grahams. Will and Annmarie think that this is the coolest thing ever. Whenever they see our bowling shoes they put them on and say they want to go bowling. So needless to say they were very excited.
I think the best part for them was their shoes. Annmarie actually got a strike, I never knew that a ball barley moving could knock over all the pins.
Yesterday we got have a great experience. Chris's Sister, Michelle, was sealed (our church believes that when you are sealed in one of our temples then you are married to that person for eternity, not just until death) to her husband Rob. The kids got to see one set of their great grandparents, and their Grandpa Scott and Grandma Carmen. We got the opportunity to take a 4 generation photo of the boys.
Needless to say I felt like Koni when taking photos Will was not happy to be there.
We think we might use this photo for our Christmas cards, not sure any opinions?
We had a great time seeing more family and loved being there for Rob and Michelle's very special day.
I put up my Christmas houses with the help of the kids
and cannot wait until next week to go buy our tree. I love the smell of Christmas tree's more than most things. (lilacs and fresh cut grass are my other favorites)
Will's laughable moment: as we were driving in the car Will and Annmarie now tell us when we can go (green light) and stop (red light) he starts telling the other cars what to do. "Lets go car." I know that I never tell the cars what to do while driving so this must be a trait he picked up somewhere else. OK not really I know this comes from me.
1 comment:
I love the family photo! and bowling - how fun!
Post a Comment