Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ode to Nora


Many people have heard me refer to Nora. She is my personal trainer. And has been one of the greatest things for me self image wise. No I have not lost tons and tons of pounds. I guess being pregnant might do that. But I am 12 weeks along and am still in my normal clothes, not even fat jeans yet. And for the first time in my life I have some muscle and a little definition in my arms. Yeah never had that in my life!!! Also I have learned that it is not all about the terrible number it is about how I feel and how my clothes fit.
She has showed me new ways to work out and importantly what I can still do while I am pregnant. She also teaches twice a week. but for the next few months only once, she is taking a break to help her daughter do something at school. How in the world could I be upset because she is being a mom. I am a little bit sad. This is not suppose to be about me, how grateful I have been to have someone show me what I need to do and make me do it.
She has also helped convince me that I need to change what I am eating. This was no easy task and is still in the works. So basically I want to say thanks Nora and you Rock!!! She has her own blog that she puts exercise and other nutrition tips on. Check it out if you get a chance. Also if anyone wants to come to her Thursday 8am class with me let me know. I have guest passes at the gym.
Here is her photo and blog address. and yes she really looks like her photo. I told her she should have been on American Gladiator. She said she was going to try out but after watching the show she was glad she missed it because she doesn't like all the hitting.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! It sounds like she has given you an awesome foundation, so you will be fine while she's gone. I seriously need someone full-time!